Day Out

After an eight minute ride in Nami's car you arrived to the mall. Being it around lunch time, the corridors and halls were mostly empty, the people sat down in restaurants to eat instead.

"Why did we come here again?" You asked as you eyed the scenery.

You had entered through the more luxurious side of the shopping centre, stores and walls standing tall and clean around you and making you feel small.

So tiny...

Going out with Nami meant shopping in the luxurious district a lot, and, although you did appreciate the eternal discounts she'd get from the perfect combination of her bargaining abilities and her gorgeous looks, the place did intimidate you. Posh people walked around as if they were a different species than you and, although it shouldn't, it made you feel as if you were less than them.

The exact opposite thing happened to your friend. It was as if she was a captive animal being returned into her natural habitat. She became the elegant woman she always wanted to be.

"Just wanted to go out for fresh air..." She replied distractedly, gaze flickering from side to side, but not in the normal analyzing way they did whenever you entered the centre. This time she was looking for something in specific, and it wasn't in the stores. She didn't spare the windowed showcases a single look.

Looking at her suspiciously, you now wanted to see what she was really here for.

"At the mall?" You said slowly.

"Yes." She scoffed.

Finally looking at you, she remembered there was no way she'd fool you. You knew her well enough. Maybe too well for her own good.

"Ugh! Alright, look-" As she finally caved in, she was saved by a miracle. A dirty illegal miracle.

"MOVE!" A raspy voice growled from behind the two of you making you jump in fright. He sounded strained, as if he had been running, and, by the sound of his hasty footsteps, you could tell the man was, in fact, running. Even worse, he was headed full speed towards you.

Letting out a confused "huh", you didn't react in time to move away from the robber and were aggressively pushed towards Gucci's showcase, cracking the thick glass and hitting your head pretty hard in the process.

Nami stared at you dumbfounded, eyes as wide as planets as she slowly looked back at where the escaping robber had ran off to.

"(Y-Y/N)! Oh my-"

Once again, the shocked read headed girl was interrupted, but this time by two officers who had been in patrol around the robbery-prone area. A flash of black light crossed her view, chasing after the cause of this fuss while the second man stopped to help you.

"Vergo, civilian has been injured. I'll stay behind." A familiar rough voice spoke into a wolkie-talkie kind of object, later focusing completely on your dazed form. "Ma'am, how a-"

Slightly recovering from the shock of what had just happened, you tilted your head up to look at the stranger who had come for your aid. Once the two pairs of eyes connected, the world around the two of you froze. Although it was only for a couple of seconds, you felt as if an entire hour passed while you lost yourself inside his eyes, the throbbing pain in your head suddenly melting away as your mind could only think of how incredibly gorgeous the man in front of you was. Not only that, but he somehow had a calming effect on you, scared and shaky body going back to normal in a matter of seconds.

"A-are you alright?" He asked softly, body hovering over yours and face inches away from your own as he inspected your form for any damage.

"Uh-" He held your chin gently with his fingers, tilting your head up and looking into your eyes for signs of a concussion.