Surprise Visit

"Rosinante!" You whined for your boyfriend, who was attempting to cook breakfast in your kitchen, from your couch. "I can't move!" You huffed.

His face popped up from behind the counter, amused eyes staring at you with a hint of guilt.

"That's why I told you to stay put!" He countered.

You frowned, curling up in the blanket your boyfriend had given you and gesturing for Law to come closer to you so that you could cuddle him.

After waking up, you both decided it would be better to have breakfast at your place, knowing that you were much more responsible in terms of buying groceries. In other words, Rosinante barely had any food, much less enough stuff for you two to have a balanced breakfast. You were supposed to cook for both of you, but the minute you attempted to get up from his bed, your body gave up. You didn't have any energies left on you after Rosinante's body-shattering sex, so you weren't exactly in the best conditions to move around and cook.

"Uh..." Rosinante said nervously from the kitchen. "How burnt would you like your eggs?" He smiled sheepishly at you.

How did he even-?

"The less burnt the better." You smiled with your eyes closed, shaking your head as you tried to stop yourself from shamelessly laughing at your boyfriend's lacking cooking skills.

Law craned his neck to look at you, staring at you emotionlessly as you cooed at him and tried to convince him to sit on your lap. After seeing you ridicule yourself, the dog huffed and went back to his original position, head dangling from the border of the couch.

"Bad doggo." You mumbled with a pout.

However, your disappointment in your lacking skills of dog taming was quick to go away as you heard metal hitting the floor of your kitchen with a loud and startling sound. You knew this was bound to happen, you just didn't expect him to make such a mess in such a short period of time.

"We should've bought food." Rosinante cried from the kitchen in resignation.

"Oh, it can't be that-" You replied as you lifted your torso up in the couch to get a better look at what Rosinante was doing in your kitchen. "-bad." You finished nervously.

It was that bad.

Somehow, Rosinante had dropped the pan in which he attempted to cook your eggs to your kitchen floor, bits of overcooked and bits of completely raw eggs disgustingly swirled around and outside the pan, leaking into your floor. Part of the mixture had gotten to your boyfriend's pants, getting him dirty and burning his skin at the same time. The utensils he was using had also burnt and melted, having he coincidentally picked up the only plastic ones you had.

Rosinante stood stiffly as he stared at his mess in horror. Horror of what he had done, horror of burning his leg with terribly cooked eggs, and horror of you yelling his ass off.

This time, you couldn't hold it in.

You fell back on the couch cushions with a thump as you bursted out laughing. The scene was simply too ridiculous. The way Rosinante was staring at his failed cooking attempt was adorable, but the fact that he was a literal giant and he had been beaten by a small pan and fire made this situation hilarious.

"You're laughing!" He said with annoyance.

"I'm so sorry." You managed to say between laughs, covering your face with your hands to avoid his embarrassed and annoyed gaze. "I just- how did you even burn and undercook the eggs at the same time?" You laughed, peaking at him through your fingers as your chest rose up and down with your laughter.