Resentment

Rosinante stared at the food on the table hungrily. He hadn't eaten at all since your date last night, and his stomach was practically growling like a hungry animal. Still, as starved as he could get, there was no way he'd dare to take a piece of the food your friends brought over for everyone to share. They had brought it for you and he felt too uncomfortable to steal some for himself.

Zoro was staring at him like a hawk while you naively talked and ate with the rest of your friends.

The thing is, Rosinante wasn't considered when your friends came over. He didn't want to seem rude by taking some of the food and not pay for it. What if that would worsen his image in front of your friends? Those people already disliked him a little bit, given his history with you. Taking food from them would only make things worse.

"Rosi, aren't you hungry?" You asked innocently, offering him a muffin from your plate.

After the incident in which all of your close friends had seen your boyfriend in his underwear, you explained to them that you weren't just having sex. You told them how Rosinante had gotten his pants dirty while cooking and he was simply changing. There was nothing gross going on. You also finally got to clear up your situation with your partner to your friends, a news that, although it wasn't very surprising given how much you were in love with each other, they still didn't fully support.

Of course, they were happy if you were happy, but they had also seen in first row how much this very same man had made you suffer and it made it hard for them to have a completely clean image of him. Still, they managed to kind of forgive him, at least for the time being. Everyone except Zoro. He just stared at the blonde angrily, making your poor boyfriend feel even more uncomfortable.

"I-I'm fine." He said shyly, a small nervous smile dancing on his lips.

You frowned, wondering why he wasn't eating anything. This man was a literal beast. There was no way he wasn't hungry.

"There's extra food so eat up!" Smiled Usopp reassuringly. "Knowing Luffy eats for ten we always get extra. You can eat as much as you want."

You chuckled, staring at your blonde as you finally realized what was happening to him. He was being shy and didn't want to make a bad impression.

He cares about what my friends think of him!

Your heart melted.

"Here, have this." You said sweetly, putting a good amount of food on a fresh plate and giving him the rest of your coffee. "I'm already absolutely full." You said happily as you slumped back on the couch, letting your head lean a little to Rosinante's side.

With a soft blush, Rosinante muttered a shy 'thank you' and silently began to chomp on the food you gave him, his hunger finally being relieved with the delicious and warm food. The chatter came back, you joining in with your friends and relaxing with the presence of the people you loved the most.

To you, everything felt peaceful. You were happy. Rosinante was right there with you and you were sure he was there to stay. Your friends were there to support you and happy for you. Everything seemed smooth.

Then, you noticed a certain muscle head staring at your boyfriend with murderous intent. Your defensive side came right out, like a mother cat defending her kittens. Only that you were just a hotheaded woman defending her boyfriend.

Frowning, you straightened up on the couch and stared right back at the idiot with an annoyed gaze, your friend having absolutely no clue that you were looking at him as he was too busy trying to make it clear to Rosinante that he didn't want him here.