Dread

That morning, you woke up shivering in bed. The morning air left your skin frozen as you had only covered your body with a blanket, your poor bed spread having fallen to the floor in the midst of your activities with Rosinante.

With a small smile, you turned to search for the man who had made you feel so special yesterday, but the bed was empty.

You blushed, thinking maybe he was in your bathroom or had gotten hungry, so you waited. For the following couple of minutes, you didn't hear a single noise. No one else was in your apartment.

Your heart sank down your chest with a feeling of dread, a very small part of you fearing that this had been nothing more than a one night stand.

No. Rosinante isn't that type of man.

Trying to stay positive, you forced a smile in your lips, but the dark feeling never left. It was a weight at your gut that told you things weren't alright, that you were lying to yourself, but you pushed through it, remembering yourself that Rosinante wasn't that type of man.

So, plugging a charger into your old phone, since your current one had been stolen yesterday, you stretched out and decided to take a shower. After not using that phone for a year, you knew it would take a while for it to come back to life, so you tried to distract yourself with other chores.

You assumed Rosinante had to leave early to work, as he usually dis back when you were together, and that, knowing you had lost your phone, he probably contacted you or expected you to contact him through social media.

Hopefully.

Leaving your room in nothing but your robe, Law was quick to greet you from the other side, the poor dog having been left behind by both you and your partner in the middle of your heated session.

"Hey Law~" You cooed with that stupid grin you got whenever you fell in love.

The dog whined softly, his instinct telling him that you were soon going to suffer emotionally. He wanted to be there with you. He hated seeing you down.

"Did you see Rosinante yesterday?" You giggled, rubbing sweetly behind his ears. "He came back!" You laughed stupidly, Law staring at you with caution and sorrow.

It was as if he knew the emotional downfall you were about to go through.

"I'll shower and be right back, yeah?" You finished, patting his head and getting into the bathroom to take a warm shower.

As the water eliminated any traces of sweat and sex off your body, you felt Rosinante's scent taking over the air. It was so strong that it had imprinted into your skin, a thing that made you smile in satisfaction. You had missed him so much.

Remembering how last night went, you couldn't help the butterflies swirling around your belly, a giddy and happy warmth invading your heart as well. After weeks of struggle in hopes that your relationship with Rosinante would get better, you had finally seen a sign. A green light that meant things would get better.

You bit your lip nervously as you hoped for the phone to already be turned on. The uncertainty of not knowing where the hell Rosinante had left off to was eating you up, your mind torn between two very different ideas. He had either left for work and wanted to keep seeing you, or he just wanted a one night stand.

Oh gosh!

You were nervous. Sweaty palms kind of nervous. Taking one deep breath, you opened the phone and checked on the platforms in which you had his contact.

Twitter.

User not found.

Instagram?