The Third Encounter

A couple of hours of sleep had passed peacefully by as you rested nuzzled up to your pillows in bed. Sanji was finishing lunch while your friends stayed in your living room and chatted quietly, being careful of not bothering you at all. It was pleasant until your rest was interrupted by loud noises outside your bedroom.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" You growled to yourself as you groaned and woke up from your deep slumber, thinking that your rowdy group of friends had forgotten about your special request of being considerate of your state and staying quiet.

You had been understanding enough to let the bunch of noisy people you called your friends stay at your place so that they wouldn't worry about you and that they could continue their little get together, but it was upsetting you the fact that they couldn't have the decency to stay quiet for you to rest properly.

Having been injured pretty badly, and this being your home, it was literally the least they could do.

As you lifted yourself from your bed, you heard a couple of gasps and Nami screeching together with the sound of glass breaking, footsteps rushing around your living room heavily.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! What the fuck are they even doing?

"Guy-" You were turning the handle of your door when Nami interrupted you with a worried screech.

"Stay in there!" She said worriedly.

You heard a thump as the door vibrated a little. She was blocking your door with her body, her weight making it impossible for you to open it unless you were willing to throw her to the floor.

"Ok, Nami. This isn't funny. Whatever you broke it's fine." You said grumpily. It seemed like she wasn't willing to let you out, though.

How bad could the damage even be?

You weren't one to usually get mad at your friends, so you didn't understand why they were making such a big deal out of this. Snapping you out of your confusion, the heavy footsteps continued, Luffy's angered voice barking threats at someone.

What?

"Nami what's going on?" You asked, body frozen in place.

Your heart fell off your chest as an unknown voice began yelling back at your friends, telling them to "back the fuck away" and threatening to kill them.

"Uh- someone has broken in..." She replied nervously. You could hear in her voice that she was scared. "He's not a robber though, he's dressed in a prison jumpsuit."

"WHAT?!"

If he was dressed in a prison jumpsuit, it meant this guy was a fucking escapee. In your living room. You felt like passing out.

"Nami!" You said, voice dripping with concern as you tried to force the door open, but to no avail. Nami wouldn't budge when she knew a friend could be in danger. "Nami, let me out!"

Although you were worried, your energies were still drained. Whatever was going on in your living room you weren't sure you had the energies to deal with.

"It's ok (Y/N)!" Said Nami nervously. "Luffy's on it." She added.

Oh.

Luffy was freakishly strong, so you knew that worrying much wouldn't matter at all, but you couldn't help it. There was still a criminal in your household, and you didn't know what crimes he must've been arrested for. Maybe he'd put up a fight.

"I'm calling the-" Your voice was muffled with the loud bang of a gun being shot, legs becoming weaker and wobbling in fear. "Nami! What happened?!" You cried, banging on the door.