Lost

This morning Rosinante had broken your heart. He decided that your relationship had finally reached its due date, hence cutting the relationship off. Again, he had broken your heart.

For the six months you were together, you were truly convinced he was it. The man with whom you were meant to spend the rest of your life. The way you met had been special, and ever since that day he lingered in your mind constantly.

Then, you officially began to date. You were happy, so happy, specially whenever you found time to be together. It was that wonderful feeling of loving someone and of being loved by that special someone. Now, you loved someone, but that person was gone. He left. With no direct warning, he had vanished right from in front of you. It hadn't even been a whole day and you already missed him.

Maybe you had grown too dependent of him. You should've taken better care of yourself in that aspect, but you had let yourself loose because of the fake idea of having found your future husband.

Now, you laid stiff on the couch, in the exact same position that Rosinante had left you. The only difference was that your tears were all dried out now. You had no more water in your system to cry, but the sadness remained.

Your cellphone vibrated on the top of the coffee table, but you, having no strength to move a single finger, couldn't even be bothered to look at the screen. With this mental state of absolute numbness, there was absolutely nothing that could make you come back to life. Nothing that could come from that phone anyways.

Hours passed and passed, the sun raised up from your window, its rays shining with a burning passion into your face, but not even a groan came from you.

Numbness.

More hours and more hours. You couldn't sleep, you couldn't cry, you couldn't move. You felt like a lifeless object. The one thing that gave your life a thrill was gone.

It wasn't true, it's just that with the abruptness and sucky-ness of this breakup you had been left with a thousand confused thoughts spinning in your head. It felt awful.

A bark brought you out of your hours-long daze, your dog son staring at you with worry. Not only that, but he had dragged his food bowl all the way to your feet under the couch.

Law!

Surprisingly, it was all you needed for your mind to be brought back to reality. Of course, the painful and confused feelings still lingered, but a new priority was born. You still had a life to live, and a life to take care of.

"Oh, Law." You mumbled, extending your hand out to ask for his permission so that you could pat his little head.

He beamed at you, the dog's fur rubbing itself against your palm with a happy whimper. He was just happy to see you move.

"It's ok." You said, a knot forming once again in the middle of your throat. "It'll be alright." You sobbed, lifting the dog's body up and nuzzling him into you as if he was your childhood teddy bear. "I love you mu beautiful little puppy." You sniffled, rubbing your cheeks against his soft and bathed fur.

Law was so fond of Rosi.

You bit the corner of your lower lip.

How will he feel now that they won't see each other again?

Noticing you weren't planning on letting go of him any time soon, and practically with a grumbling stomach, the grumpy dog began to squirm against your hold, his lathe feet comically wiggling around to try and get you to set him free. A quiet and sad laugh escaped your lips as you placed the grumpy ball of fur down on the cushion, a nostalgic sigh following right on cue.