The Date Continues

"Are you ready to order?" Interrupted the waiter with a sadistic smile.

Wha-

Rosinante looked at you in question and you nodded, checking to see if you were ready or if he was going to have to ask for some extra time while you decided.

"We are." He said after you nodded happily.

As the waiter looked at you, supposedly waiting for you to order, but actually staring at your breasts shamelessly and just straight out rudely, you shifted uncomfortably on your seat. You didn't know if Rosinante had seen the way the waiter interacted with you, but you rather him not, so you ordered your favorite dish and stayed quiet, eyes avoiding the disgustingly rude server. It annoyed you, but you didn't want to raise havoc over perverted men being pervs.

Seeing how uncomfortable you were, Rosinante dragged you towards him, finishing his order and angrily seeing the guy walk off with a stupid grin on his face. He hugged you by the side and kissed your temple, somehow reassuring you that he was there for you.

"You want me to say something to him?" He asked softly.

You said nothing, staring at him in surprise.

"I should've said something, shouldn't I?" He asked, one second away from rambling as he got nervous under your silence and your shocked gaze. "I didn't want to make you uncomfortable, so I tried to stay silent. He was being gross, though. I-I wanted to ask you first because maybe you didn't want to cause trouble. I mean- no that you would. Men shouldn't ever treat women like that. No, people shouldn't-" He said, eyes looking away from you nervously as he took a deep breath to compose himself. "A-anyways, do you want-" He stopped talking once you started laughing at him in the sweetest way. His heart jumped out of his chest.

"You're so sweet." You finally said. "Don't worry about it, I've dealt with worse people." You smiled, snuggling closer to him.

No men you had met would've done that. For example, any of your male friends would've jumped immediately to attack the man, calling them off and probably straight out insulting the waiter so that he'd stop ogling you, or any other of your friends, pervertedly. You had seen it happen. It wasn't necessarily a bad thing, people like that had to be called off, but they wouldn't stop a second to think if they were making you uncomfortable. Rosinante did, this being a confirmation of how much of a sweetheart and gentleman he was.

"Thank you."

"Don't thank me." He grunted, looking off in the direction the man had gone off to. "It's the minimum decent thing to do."

The date continued, your food arrived warm and it was as delicious as the place painted their food out to be. Laughing, kissing and flirting, it all passed in the blink of an eye as time moved extremely fast when you were having fun with the blonde. People left and even more came, the restaurant pouring out new dishes for the new customers while you two remained in your more private and exclusive seat.

Finally, it was nighttime. You had even shared a delicious dessert, but neither of you wanted this to end. Your conversations were far too interesting and the ambiance was extremely comfortable, as if you were the only two people in the restaurant.

This shared time had helped you learn a little more about his family. He opened up to you about his days as a toddler and a kid, hinting you about the way his parents had died when he was only eight years old. He had being at the scene and helped by the man whom had being assigned the case, the policeman he now called his father.

You talked to him about your much more calm life, about your relatively normal relationship with your parents and how you got to the place you were in life right now.