Better

You sighed heavily as you parted ways from the blonde, your chest heaving up and down as you stared at the ceiling with blushed cheeks.

"Sorry." He mumbled, closing his eyes in embarrassment. He knew he shouldn't have kissed you. It wasn't appropriate.

"It's alright." You whispered, licking the remaining feeling of his lips off yours.

"(Y/N), I-"

His voice was interrupted by the ringing of your cellphone, an incoming call ruining your little moment and what was going to be one of the hardest conversations in your relationship.

"It's Sengoku." You said in surprise as you saw his caller ID pop up.

"Oh gosh." Rosinante rolled his eyes, not really feeling comfortable with the fact that his father was being so snoopy.

"Hello?" You accepted the call with a small smile, your free hand running through Rosinante's blonde locks soothingly.

"(Y/N)!" He replied with a smile, his heart beating nervously as he hoped for the best. "How did it go?"

"It went... good." You answered, looking at Rosinante's face.

"I'm here too." Rosinante piped in, your heart skipping a beat at his voice. "And I'd appreciate it if you stopped pestering her."

You laughed and shook your head.

"Still not talking to you!" Sengoku replied childishly from the other side of the call. He was mad at his son for not following his orders and getting himself in this mess. And he was mad about how he let things with you go. He was a snoopy old man.

"Anyways, I just wanted to make sure you were alright." He said honestly. "I'm happy you agreed to follow through with my crazy ideas. You're a wonderful woman and I felt awful at how things were between you two! What Rosinante did was horrible!" He said, not taking into account how his words stung your heart. "You didn't deserve-"

"Dad, that's enough." Rosinante said in alarm, seeing your eyes slightly water at the mention of what had happened.

"R-right! Sorry! Have a good da-"

"Bye." He grumbled, snagging your phone from your hands and ending the call before you could say any other words.

You looked down, avoiding eye contact with your ex as you remembered how shitty he had made you feel.

"(Y/N)." He said softly, his eyes searching yours. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." He breathed. "I promise that what happened wasn't- I wasn't trying to play with your feelings. I really wasn't."

"Well, but you did. Didn't you?" You said, staring into his eyes with sadness.

"I know I made one mistake after another." He breathed deeply. "But I also know I won't make them again."

You didn't say anything, simply trying to understand what it was that he had done. Why had he broken up with you if he apparently still had feelings for you. Why had he had sex with you that night and left you all alone afterwards.

"I'm asking a lot of you, I know. I haven't even forgiven myself because I know how much damage I made, but-" He turned his whole body to look at you, hugging you softly and thanking any divine powers that you didn't pull away. "When a relationship is this good, and this meant to be, because I know it is, I know it's worth the work. You're so worth it so please give me one last chance." He whispered the final part, his lips lightly rubbing yours.

"I still don't understand why-"

"I can explain." He said reassuringly. "I promise it wasn't me being an ass. Well, it was, but not on purpose." He closed his eyes, dropping his exhausted body down on the bed again.