What The Future Awaits

You nodded furiously, courtesy of your nerves, and stayed silent. No coherent words would leave your lips anyways, so you chose to listen at what he had to say.

No good will come if I jump to conclusions. We're fine! We are even moving in together!

That thought tranquilized you a little bit.

What if he finally realizes we're moving too fast? AND HE PUTS BREAKS ON THE MOVING IN TOGETHER THING?! OH MY GOD WHAT IF SEEING LISTINGS WAS A LITTLE TOO REAL FOR HIM AND NOW HE FREAKED OUT?!

"Uu- you know what?" You chuckled nervously, the fear you so much tried to hide behind your laugh and attempt of a breezy attitude being far too evident to the man who loved you. "We don't have to talk about this right now." You began, talking fast and nervously. "Just because this dumb show came on screen doesn't mean I want to get married!" You said, looking away from him in embarrassment. "N-not that I don't want to!" You explained. "I meant that- that I don't want to right now."

That was a lie. If it was Rosinante, you'd get married right then and there.

"Or maybe I could!" You continued, seeing your boyfriend wasn't saying anything and getting even more nervous under his attentive gaze. "I-I'm just saying I'm not desperate for it! And I don't want-"

"OK!" Said Rosinante loudly, lifting a hand in the air as if to shush you. "I can't keep hearing this. Look how nervous you got." He chuckled handsomely as he pressed his forehead against yours.

You stared at him quietly, your eyes blurry with how nervous and anxious you had gotten. Plus, you felt confused with these mixed signals. He seemed worried at first. He got flustered and uncomfortable under the appearance of an engaged couples show and now he was so cool and calm?

"I did want to talk about... marriage." The word rolled off his lips weirdly, but not in a derogatory manner. It was more of a happy and hopeful way. "I do." He said with a smile, kissing the corner of your lips. "(Y/N), I've thought about it. A lot. That week you spent with me after I hurt you, you took care of me. Cooked for me and helped me during a time in which I could barely get out of bed to pee." He smiled happily, eyes staring at you with nothing but pure love and admiration.

You felt your blush grow. Those eyes of his never failed to drive you crazy.

"And I realized I knew it from far before that I want you and none other. And I've said it before too! You are my soulmate." He blushed, feeling like the whole soulmate story he believed was a little dramatic. It felt true, though. "(Y/N)." He started again. "I'm not dating you just to see where this will take us. I know what I want, and I want you to be my wife, eventually." He said seriously.

This was the most determined and sure you had ever seen him and it made you feel as if you could fly to heaven. He was this sure about you.

"Rosi..." You mumbled in surprise and very relived that he did want to get married.

Not only that, but he wanted to marry you.

"You don't have to say anything about it right now!" He said nervously, his confidence and determination overpowered by his fear of losing you after being rejected. "I just wanted you to know because if we are going to keep going I want things to be absolutely cle-"

You laughed, tears brimming in the corner of your eyes as you looked to your lap. Laughing. Not at him, though, but at yourself.

I'm so fucking stupid.

Grabbing both his cheeks in your hands, you pulled him over to you and kissed him fully, deeply and lovingly. His heart was beating fast against his chest, the nerves of the situation getting the best of him as he was quick to lose his breath with that one simple kiss.