Police Work

With a very grumpy scowl, Rosinante was forced to return to work. He was working on the sidelines of an urgent case, which involved in fact, his older brother. It was a very exclusive group in which only the most trusted and experienced officers had been involved. Rosinante had gotten lucky as, since he was the adopted son of the boss, he got the upper hand over the other younger and less experienced officers to get in. In other words, if it weren't for his father, he wouldn't have had the chance to involve himself in such a highly classified case.

At the time his father informed him of this he had gotten incredibly excited. It was an amazing opportunity for his career and, if he performed well, he'd be quick to climb up the ranks. He wasn't as excited anymore. He simply wanted to go back to your place and finish what the both of you had started. His hands itched for you, hair still remembering your touch as your fingers left his scalp pleasantly numb. He wanted more of you, and if it weren't for this damned job of his he'd be getting exactly that.

"Officer Donquixote." Grunted Sengoku, grabbing him from the arm the minute he walked into the precinct and yanking him inside his office.

Quickly, Tsuru closed the blinds and locked the door, leaving the people inside to have their much needed privacy.

"What happened?" Said Rosinante with a low voice, not doing a good job in hiding his upset state.

"As I mentioned through the phone call-" Began Tsuru, not wasting time in explaining the new problem they had yet to figure out. "There has-"

"Did something happen, son?" Asked Sengoku, interrupting Tsuru as he noticed his adored son's scowl. He looked angered and, as his father, he couldn't let him leave nor let the meeting continue before he could find out if he was ok. It was his job as a father and a boss.

"It's not relevant to the case." He grumbled, arms folded above his chest in a childish manner as he tried to get his father to shut the hell up and let Tsuru continue.

"Is your girlfriend giving you a bad time?" He asked, genuinely curious and worried.

Having a son as sensitive as Rosinante had always made Sengoku worry when thinking about his son getting a partner. He over worried with the thought of his dear son getting caught in the hands of a manipulative woman that would easily get her way with the blonde. Because of this, he couldn't help but ignore the completely inappropriate setting in which they were and simply shot his question, all the other present officers staring at the father and son pair awkwardly.

Rosinante almost chocked on his own saliva, staring at his father with wide and shocked eyes. He didn't like his father talking like this about you, much less doing so at work. Although Sengoku was in his right to worry, the blonde younger man still got mad.

Sengoku hadn't met you, he hadn't even gotten an idea of who you were, so there was no way he could be sure that you weren't some bitch. Still, the way he just talked about you as he not so subtly suggested you were a manipulative girlfriend simply hit Rosinante's ear wrong.

In reality, though, you weren't a complicated person. If anything, it was the other way around. Rosinante was giving you a hard time.

"Sengoku." Warned Tsuru through gritted teeth. "I shouldn't have to remind you to talk about personal issues at your own time."

Sengoku didn't reply, he just stared at his son with a frown, wanting to dig into this apparent problem, but not knowing how. Specially given that his and Rosinante's coworkers were right there. Rosinante was passionate about his job. He was an excellent person and found joy in fulfilling his duty as he helped build a safer and better society. Sengoku had never seen Rosinante let his personal life get in the way of how efficiently he was at work. Ever. This is why he was worried for his boy.