Anecdote

"Ok. You don't have an excuse anymore. Tell us tell us tell us!" Whined Nami childishly.

Law was sprawled between his bed and blanket in deep slumber, his small body having had the workout of what seemed to him like a lifetime. After wiggling like a madman in your arms on your way back home, you decided to put the little puppy down and let him walk on his own. Just as you had predicted, the walk was too much for him and he basically collapsed onto his bed the minute you got home, not before drinking some water of course.

Now you finally had the chance to speak comfortably with your friends and gush at them about what an amazing man Rosinante was. Needless to say, you were completely hooked up on the man. Head to toes.

"Well, we met again on the club. He literally appeared out of nowhere and bought me a drink." You smiled dreamily, remembering the slightly protective way he had leaned onto you at the bar last night as he gently puffed smoke out of his lips.

SO HOT.

"Again? I swear (Y/N)! It's destiny's work! You were just meant to be~" Teased Nami, happy to see you smile goofily at the thought of your new crush.

Robin nodded with a small chuckle, secretly excited about the idea of you having actually found a good partner for once and for all. She had lived with you and Nami through your share of sucky dates and boyfriends, and she always thought you deserved better. This was better finally arriving to your life.

"Lets not forget the history behind their families! It's like a medieval romance book." Added Robin.

Blushing, you continued to tell your friends about the encounter. The way he treated you so sweetly, the stupid way you blindly accepted to trust him and followed through with the officer off into the outskirts of the city. Your friends agreed with you, though. Unlike Zoro, they didn't treat you as if you were crazy. Knowing that there definitely was chemistry, and the good kind, between you and the blonde man, and knowing that the officer had saved your butt on more than just a couple of occasions, he deserved your trust.

"And you really haven't had sex yet?" Asked Nami, eyeing you with distrust.

"A-actually-" You began nervously, trying to find the way to explain the issue at your friends without freaking Nami yelling your ear off.

Here's the thing: you didn't even know yourself if you wanted to fuck the man this soon. Nami would for sure tell you to just go for it, but you were really worried about jinxing the relationship. In the end, you didn't know if you were relieved about being interrupted both times you were about to go for it, or to be upset.

"HA! I knew it!" She squealed happily.

"N-NO! We were about to, but we got interrupted twice as he was called into the precinct for duty."

"Oh, right. That'll become a pain in the butt when you date him." Said Nami, sighing as an attempt to empathize with you.

"What will?" You asked innocently, mind drifting off the main topic.

"Your schedules." Replied Nami as-a-matter-of-factly.

"Some police officers can be called at any time of the day and they have to answer and go to work. It could be a holiday, a free day, it wouldn't matter." Explained Robin. "This usually happens to those who are trying to climb the ladder, so he has to suck it up for as much time as he takes in getting a higher rank in the force." She finished. "Did he leave in a rush?"

"Yes. He suddenly became very serious and always left off in a haste." You said, not necessarily sad about it, but kind of upset. "Is this some kind of cop dating rule? How did you know about this?" You asked curiously, seeing how Nami clearly knew this as if it was, like you said, a known fact about dating officers.