Chapter 23: A new fear discovered~

Koumetsu...~ Ryu's disembodied voice echoed through Kai's head, grabbing her attention. The goth was walking down the hall, arms folded behind her head and deep in thoughts filling her eyes. Kaiorin... Ryu's voice murmured once more, this time with more of an urgent tone. We must speak... You've hardly spoken to me, so I deem this necessary...

The goth stopped and her eyes widened at the sight before her. Ryu faded into view... She was giant but not as giant as your average dragon; no... She was a drake. She covered a decent distance in the hallway, her long flaming tail curled slightly at its tip and her body lit up the space around them. Most, if not all dragons, have webbed wings, though not her... The webbing was replaced with fire. Instead of skin holding the fire in place, it was bone. Her mask that covered her upper face slightly went past the tip of her jaw and had cracks on it. Kai noticed how the cracks glowed from the fire underneath, making her raise a brow.

The mask also had two long, which pointed diagonally, and appeared equally angled with the mask. Her gaze was solid, there was no pupil and no iris, nothing but solid blazing orange with a gleam of yellow fire in the center. Her body was made of flames and her structure looked like that of a pterodactyl, mixed with a dragon; she was beautiful...

"Yes, Ryu?" Kai asked, noticing the slight change in Ryu's appearance. She used to be covered in hot red fire, but now she's an orange color.

"I have noticed, you've been able to have a bit of control over your shikai... Tell me-- why have you not visited me, after the day you achieved it..? It does get rather lonely in your inner world, the darkness never ceases," she admitted with her mature and strong voice.

"So you're telling me... Even though I lit up my inner world with my fiery reiatsu, it went dark after I left...? And also, I never thought I could revisit you..." Kai replied with her index finger scratching her temple. Her slits were averted from the dragon's gaze, avoiding the contemplating look from Ryu.

"Of course, you can, Kai... You are the owner, of that world! It is your inner world, or have you not taken that part into consideration, of me saying you're before it...? If you ever wish to visit me, all you have to do is meditate-- or find a place of silence so you may concentrate on me. It only takes one call of my name, to grab my attention," she answered Kai with slight irritation.

"That's all... I have to do?" The goth's slits shifted in Ryu's direction and saw her nod in response. She smirked at that, knowing she could talk to her basically at any time she wanted. "Awesome, so... What all did you need to talk to me about?" she kept grinning at her dragon then noticed how Ryu just shut her eyes and sighed.

"Can we speak in your chambers...? We have a lot to discuss," Ryu opened her gaze to the punk, watched her shift in her stance, and walked past her, her arms going up behind her head once more.

"Sure, I don't want anyone seeing you anyway... They might think-" Kai was soon cut off by Ryu's tone.

"They cannot see me, Kai... Only you can see, hear, and speak to me. I have watched your battles many times over, enough to know that they can not see me... Don't worry, I'll be sure not to speak to you when others are around," Ryu answered to reassure the woman and her expression couldn't be seen since she had a hollow mask.