Chapter 63: Step two- Gain Information.

(Old note) A/N: Here's the next chapter!~

Thought I'd let you know that every now and then I'll bring back a few classic OST's from Bleach.~

It'll give the feel of Bleach in my opinion!~ Anyway, the song listed here, as per usual...I'm sorry if it doesn't match up with the fight... I hope you like it though, I thought it was great! Took me forever to find the perfect song for her...just like Ikkaku... V.V

I hope you like this, I thought I wrote out the fight pretty well, considering there were several enemies against her :D! This chapter was 18 pages long...so this will be a long chapter, I hope it won't bore you xD!

-------

Maiya looked around, then flash-stepped out of sight. She glided through the air and it looked almost as if she was flying. Her body was horizontal with one leg bent and the other out straight, she felt the soft breeze from her speed brush against her face. The gentle gust, the sparkling stars, the illuminating moon casting its rays down upon the town, the faint screech of hollows... She widened her eyes at the cries, so she turned to her right and bolted after the said hollow.

It was attacking a man with bob-cut blonde hair, he was grinning and dodging the hollow easily; halting, she watched the male curiously before jumping in. That man...how is he able to fight that thing, isn't he human? she mentally asked, growing confused and stood there to observe.

Her hollow detector began to blink, so she looked down and viewed it with wide eyes. Raising the object, she hovered it over the hollow. It was blinking rapidly now and as she slowly moved it over to the blonde bob-cut male, it slowed down but picked back up after it landed on him. How...why is it blinking for him?! Wait...a Visored...she never told me what they looked like... contemplating in her monologue, she crouched. She watched from on top of the building and looked for any signs of that man having any abnormalities, like hollow traits. She waited...and waited...yet nothing...

"Do you seriously think you can defeat me, hollow? Don't make me laugh

"Do you seriously think you can defeat me, hollow? Don't make me laugh..." he said, gripped a sword that was on his hip, and flash-stepped past the creature. With a swift motion, he cut the mask and made the thing disintegrate. It screeched out as it died, the man had his back to the hollow the entire time. "Really, I wish hollows were smarter..." he added, looked over his shoulder at the empty space, and frowned. His teeth were shown, his upper lip curled up and his eyes were narrowed. Putting his blade over his shoulder and a hand in his pant pocket, he walked away without even realizing that someone was watching...or did he...?

Maiya kept silent, she rose the object again and directed it at him. It was blinking rapidly once more, making her eyes widen in surprise... No way... Maybe Kisaki gave me a broken detector? Hmm...no... No ordinary human can see hollows unless attacked by them a lot or has high spiritual pressure... This man...I... she gulped, clenched her free hand into a fist, and stood to her full height. She inhaled then exhaled with her eyes shut, taking a moment to calm down. As soon as she was about to flash step towards him, the same voice from him emitted from behind her.