Brat

By louisth

louis walked out of his office to see his sweet baby sprawled out on the couch with his thumb between his strawberry pink lips and eyes glued to the t.v. an episode of dora playing that he's sure he's seen one too many times.

he knew what was coming, but it was 9 o'clock, this was the most difficult part of the day and it never got any better.

"baby" louis said sweetly walking towards the sofa and kneeling down so he could be face to face with harry.

"yes daddy?" he responded around his thumb. his eyes were big, innocent, and the most vibrant shade of green louis had ever seen.

"how are you pumpkin?" louis asked with a faint smile tugging at his lips. he used his hand to push the long curls off of his boys forehead.

"daddy, cant see t.v." the boy whines.

"baby its 9:08, its..." and louis knows. he just knows whats coming before he says the words, he swallows "...its bedtime."

"daddy, i don' think so" harry says taking his thumb out of his mouth and shaking his head.

"harry... not tonight please. daddy is very tired, please be a good boy." louis pleads with desperation in his voice.

"i know but- but dora." harry says slouching his shoulders and pointing towards the t.v.

"you've watched enough dora for the night little one." louis says standing up and reaching out for harry to grab his hand.

harrys eyebrows furrow and his lip is quivering, when he looks up at louis there are tears welling up in his eyes.

"but- but harry dosnt wanna..." he says letting out a choked sob.

"no crying bubba, c'mon." louis begs, taking harrys hand trying to lift him off of the couch.

harry snatches his hand away and turns his back to louis.

"none of that." louis says sternly. "good boys don't turn their backs to their daddy, ye? harry take my hand, we're going to get you into the bath and then I'm going to tuck you in."

still harry dosnt budge. he only huffs at louis, he's heard this all before, and he's always managed to get his way.

"harry" louis warned placing his hands on his hip.

harry still sat frowning with his nose turned up. his eyes widened when he heard louis begin to count.

"1..."

"2..."

"3...."

"4...."

"harry dont let daddy get to 5"

"4 and a half"

harry quickly spun around "daddy, harry dosnt want to be a bad boy but harry dosnt want bedtime either."

"harry, dont tell daddy what you want to do. youre to do what youre told. now take my hand and lets get in the bath." louis says trying not to raise his voice. even though he hated how bratty harry got, he would never want to hurt his boys feelings.

"my legs are broken" harry whines pouting and kicking his legs in front of him. "carry me please?" he asked politely.

"alright, anything for my baby boy." louis smiles softly. and he carries his boy to the bath, he struggles but he does it. anything to make harry happy.

louis smiled, patting harry's bum as he set him on the floor. "let daddy draw the bath for you. do you want your toys to play with?" louis asked.

"yes pleaseeee!" harry responded cheerfully. "aaand can we use bubbles?"