~Chapter 125~

Joanna's POV
It's been a week since Sophia called me a bitch. It had been some exhausting weeks. We tried our best to raise her, but we always ended up snapping at her. One day, we ended up locking her up in her room, and we didn't let her out for a long time. Suddenly, the child welfare showed up at our door.

"Excuse us, but may we come in?", one of the women asked.

"I- ehh sure", I said as I let them in.

"Some of your neighbors had reported some screams from the house, and we decided to check if everything was okay.. with your child", they explained.

"Ohh, everything's fine here. My daughter is just a little disobedient, she didn't want to get in the shower today, but she had to and then she got pissed", I lied.

One of the women took up a gun that laid on the kitchen island.

"You shouldn't let your gun be in your kitchen when you have a kid, hide it in your bedroom", one of the women said.

"Oh god", I thought.

"Is this drugs?", urge other woman asked as she picked up a needle with truth serums in.

"No, it's not", I said.

"What is it?", she asked.

"I- it's medicine for my daughter, Kristina, she needs it for.. her pain, because she broke her nose", I said.

"Medicine in a needle for a broken nose?", she asked.

"Yeah, it cures all pain", I lied.

"How did she break her nose?", the woman asked.

"Her sister accidentally hit her in the face with the bathroom door", I lied again.

The women found out that it was drugs inside the needle, because they found the drugs.

"We would help you before we chose if we were gonna take your children away, but now we know that we need to take them away right away! And it's gonna be okay, we're not gonna tell the police, all that matters is that these children are safe!", she told me.

"What? No! You're not gonna take my children away!", I raised my voice.

"I'm afraid we have to", she said as she grabbed Sophia's hand.

I took up the gun and aimed it at the two women.

"Don't touch my kid", I said.

"Are you crazy?", one of the women asked.

"Don't. touch. my. kid.", I repeated.

"Mrs. Murphy, we need to get you help", she said.

"Help? You think I'm mentally ill or something?", I asked.

The women in the child welfare asked Sophia some questions. She told them that Alex were on drugs, and I had hit her. The women called the police to help them take Dory, Kristina and Sophia away from us. I knew I couldn't try to shoot the police or anything, because I would get arrested. Alex wasn't home, so he couldn't help me. I watched them being taken away from me.

"I will find you", I whispered to Dory and Kristina as I went back in the house.

Author's note
Lucas helped me planning the chapter.

-Kristina Leonora