~Chapter 185~

Kristina's POV
I stood there wondering what was going on. I was afraid Alex and Joanna was gonna murder us. I kinda missed how it was when they manipulated us, at least we were happier. Alex cut the rope around Dory's hands, Joanna went into the kitchen and came back with two sandwiches. She gave them to Dory and me. We ate and then Joanna demanded me to give her my phone for me not to call the police on them or something. I denied. She hit me so hard that I bled from my nose. I then handed her my phone.

''Why are you doing this? Why is it so hard to let go of us?'', I asked.

Just then, Joanna grabbed my arm and twisted it.

''Because you have information we won't allow you to let out to the world!'', she yelled.

''Do you understand?'', she asked.

''Yeah, I understand'', I answered.

I felt tears running down my face. I looked at Dory who was just sitting there looking down at her lap. I could tell she wasn't happy either. It was quiet for a few seconds, but then Dory suddenly broke the silence.

''You saved my life that day'', she looked at Alex.

Then I remembered him telling her to run before they managed to get her. To just disappear from the house and never stop running. They gave her some money for her to survive in the world for a short time. That was the same day as I got shot, and they all thought I was dead. That was not the case, but unfortunately, Dory had already ran away when they found out that I was okay, so she always thought I was dead. Maybe they actually cared even though they didn't admit it? If not, why did they give Dory a headstart? It must have been something good in them. Neither Alex or Joanna knew what to say when Dory started talking. They just looked at each other.

''But you're my daughter'', Joanna said with tears in her eyes.

That was right. Earlier, we found out that Joanna was Dory's biological mother. It was impossible for her not to care. She had carried her in the stomach for nine months before she had to give her away for adoption. She explained that she did it for Dory's best. Because she knew she wouldn't have been a good mother. That explained why they never never shot her or stabbed her. I was the one they abused the most, every time. I didn't know what to say. I just ran to the bathroom, locked the door and broke down in tears. It didn't go a long while before I heard a knock on the door.

''Kristina, open the door'', a voice said. I didn't want to, but I did it anyways. Joanna stood there. She hugged me. I just got mad and pushed her away.

''Get away from me, you moster!'', I cried. She didn't, she just held me tight and didn't let me go.

''You took everything from me. My home, my family, you murdered my own mom and dad. You abused me, you almost killed me a plenty of times. If that's your goal then go on. Do it. Kill me, because I can't do this anymore'', I said.

''You need to calm down, you're starting to hyperventilate. If you don't calm down you are gonna faint'', she explained.

''I don't care what happens to me, please just kill me'', I cried. Joanna pulled my head into her chest, for me to feel her heartbeats. It calmed me down.

''You lied to me'', I whispered. She didn't answer. She just stroke my hair.

Joanna brought me to the same bed that I used to sleep in, and turned off the lights. ''Don't make me regret keeping you alive'', was the last thing she said before leaving the room.

The next day, I woke up and went downstairs around 9:00 am. When I came downstairs, Joanna was up drinking coffee and reading a book. ''Are you sure the police is not after you guys? And isn't this house a crime scene? Or many?'', I asked.

''We didn't escape prison, we were released. They din't have enough evidence for anything'', she laughed. I got nervous. I was hoping the police was after them, but they weren't. They both should have gotten the death penalty years ago. I thought it was way too unfair.

''What is gonna happen from now on? With Dory and me? In this house?'', I asked. She explained that they couldn't let us go because we knew things we shouldn't, and they were afraid we were gonna get them in prison again. So they had to keep us there, and try their best to.. care.

Joanna also explained that it wasn't easy for them to try if we didn't. I got mad. ''Try? I've been trying to look for redeeming qualities in you for years! You murdered my parents and I still gave you guys a second chance. No more'', I sighed.

''Alright then, but don't blame us for our dark side if you don't try to help us'', she said and walked away.

After a short time, Dory and Alex came. Dory already looked like she had forgotten about what had happened earlier. I tried to talk to her about it, but she always came up with excuses. She explained that they saved her life last time. And that Joanna is her mother. But that didn't make any sense. They didn't save her, they gave her a head start and they tracked her down.

Author's note
I'm sorry for a really confusing chapter, I just wrote everything that came up in my head. But I really hope you enjoyed. Stay safe, loves <3
-Kristina Leonora