~Chapter 171~

Kristina's POV
The next day, I woke up around 9:30 am. I was really nervous going downstairs. I was thinking about what Joanna would do after what I did. But when I came downstairs, I met something unexpected when I came into the living room. A crying Joanna.

"What's the matter?", I asked.

But she didn't answer. I asked one last time and turned on the TV. On the news, it said that Ryan was killed in a car accident yesterday. Joanna got a phone call from his mother, the only person he had left. Together, we went to the funeral home to plan his funeral. His mom, Cindy, and Joanna decided to do the funeral as soon as possible and they chose to have a little private ceremony.
A few people came. Cindy, Joanna and I had a little speech for Ryan and we had a peaceful funeral. In the speech, I told them that Ryan was one of the people who saved my life even though he didn't know me that well. I explained that it was a shame that I weren't able to save his life. That made me more sad than I would have been if he weren't the one to save my life.
None of us said a word when we came home. I just wanted to go to my room, and I did it. I locked the door. Joanna followed me.

"Kristina, open the door, NOW!", she demanded.

"Leave me alone, please", I said.

"Look, I know this is hard. But you have to be strong", she told me.

"Ugh! You say the same thing every time, you always say: "Be strong and it will be fine!" But this time.. no! Shut the fuck up and leave me alone you bitch!", I yelled.

I instantly regretted it.

Joanna broke down the door and smacked me right in the face. It was as hard as she had ever done it without me being knocked out or breaking my nose. I was shocked. It looked like Joanna regretted it.

"Oh no, I'm sorry", she told me.

A tear ran down her face. She walked right out of my room. Alex had just gotten his job back, after the police felt he had changed. They knew that they could use Alex's criminality to get other criminals. I'm surprised that they trusted them. That night, Alex told us that the man that killed Ryan was in the forest. He was trying to get away from the police.

"What!? I thought Ryan was killed in an accident?", Joanna said.

"Apparently, Mason Carter caused it", Alex explained.

Alex's POV
I decided to find him and get him arrested. I packed a hand gun and a shocking gun, and then I went out to the woods hoping to find him. I found him and shot him in the leg. He fell, and I shocked him with the shocking gun. I handcuffed him and put him in the car. I texted Joanna and told her that I got him. I let her do the interrogation since I knew she was good at therapy and to get through people.

Joanna's POV
I went down to the police station and asked Alex what to do.

"Whatever you want, just don't hurt him", he answered.

I kissed him before going into the interrogation room. I tried to stay calm while talking to Mason, but it was really hard.

"Why the fuck did you murder that man? Why!?", I yelled.

"He owed me money, and he did not pay back. We gave him plenty of warnings, but he didn't listen!", he told me.

"Who's we?", I asked.

"My team. We sell drugs", he explained.

"Drugs? What kinds?", I asked.

"All kinds", he answered.

"I'm gonna need that when you go through the death penalty", I told him.

"Death penalty is illegal in New York, didn't you know that?", he asked.

"Well, that doesn't mean that it's illegal to let prisoners rot in here for the rest of their lives", I said with a grin.

"You should never anger a Murphy, cause I will find those evidence, and I won't stop searching until you're locked away", I warned him.

I walked out of the room a little upset.

"You did good", Alex told me.

"No, I didn't", I said.

"You did, you really did.. with your manipulation skills we will get him arrested", he kissed my cheek.

"But first.. Christmas!", he said happy.

It was good to know that Mason was being locked in a custody cell the whole Christmas. It made me calm. Ryan was a good friend of mine, so I couldn't wait for him to suffer for killing him.

Author's note
Thank you so much for reading this chapter🤩 Lucas helped me planning it.

-Kristina Leonora