~Chapter 156~

Joanna's POV
I started to feel there was no hope for my wickedness, that I wasn't capable of love. One night, Kristina actually caught me crying in the living room.

"What's wrong?", She asked.

She looked a little shocked, most of the time, she didn't see me cry.

"Oh no, you weren't supposed to see this.. you need to go back to bed", I explained.

"Joanna, no.. tell me why you're crying", she said.

"I'm sorry.. I don't think I'm capable of love", I told her.

"What do you mean? Everyone is capable of love", Kristina explained.

"I'm not so sure if I believe that.. I'm a horrible person", I said.

"No, you're not! Or maybe sometimes, but you can't come here and tell me you're not capable of love, because you have showed both me and Dory, also Alex, so much love.. you show that you care about the people around you! Yes, maybe you're threatening us and inflicting so much pain on us, but you always show us that you're sorry", She told me.

"I'm not so sure if I mean the things I say to you, that I love you, and that you're like a child for me", I told her.

"I don't think I have empathy", I said.

Just then, Kristina walked over to me and hugged me.

"You're just hurt.. but if it's really true that you don't have any empathetic feelings, then I'm accepting that! If a person is born without empathy, it's not their fault, they can't control what they're born with", She explained.

"How can you tell me I'm hurt? How do you know that's the case?", I asked her.

"Because I've seen it.. you had a terrible childhood", she said.

"Hurt people sometimes do bad things. It doesn't mean they're bad people.. even though you killed my parents, I forgive you", Kristina told me.

"About that.. there's something I need to tell you", I began.

"What?", She asked.

"Your parents.. aren't dead", I told her.

"Wait.. what? You're lying.. they are dead", Kristina said.

"No, they're not", I said.

"What are you saying? Have you been lying to me?", Kristina asked me.

"I'm sorry", I explained.

"I don't know if I should be happy they're alive, or if I should be mad because you lied to me", she told me.

"But why?", she asked.

"Because I thought if I told you your parents were dead, you wouldn't be so desperate in finding them.. and I knew that if I told you your parents were dead, you would suffer", I explained.

"Then why didn't you actually kill them?", She then asked.

"Because I didn't have the conscience to do so", I told her.

"That's it! Now we now you're not empathy less", She said.

"I'm not so sure about that, I wanted you to suffer, so I lied and told you Alex murdered your parents.. that's not very empathetic", I explained.

"Where are them?", she asked.

I didn't answer.

"Where are them!?", she repeated.

I still didn't answer. Just then, she quickly picked up my gun that laid on the table.

"Where the hell is my parents!?", she yelled.