Rain Check

We spent as long as we could trying to come up with any other backup plans, but still, we came up with nothing. I sent them to bed before going to bed myself. We had a whole anxious day ahead of us tomorrow. We had to pretend everything was fine. I know Eren and Levi are planning on leaving notes in Nanaba's hands. One for every person in case they don't make it. I intended on doing the same. Writing these letters will be the hardest thing I will ever have to do, but I know Nanaba has it worse. She actually has to hand them out if the worst-case scenario happens.

Tomorrow I will be talking to Erwin telling him to open a portal for us so we can go on a simple recon mission. I had thought about having all of us just walking to the meeting point and back, but that would be even more dangerous not only for us but for the rest of our group. We could lead someone back to home base, or get caught before we ever even make it to the meeting.

I'm just hoping he buys it and doesn't tell anyone else what we are doing. He might be suspicious if we don't have any backup lined up. I could just tell him that Nanaba is our backup, but I'm not sure if he would buy that. Especially since I don't think she would be dressed for a mission.

I don't know how this is going to work. I mean I guess it wouldn't be bad if he told people where we were after he teleports us. I mean it's not like they know where the meeting point is or where to find us. All they would know is where we would teleport in which is going to be a good distance from the meeting point. That in itself is dangerous enough. There is a nationwide curfew and guards patrolling the streets. We need to be as stealthy as possible when making it to the meeting.

I sat down on my bed and pulled out a notepad. I stared at the paper for way longer than I wanted to. I would write most of these notes tomorrow, but some of them I just had to write today. I picked up the pen and took a deep breath before I started writing. "Dear Shadis."

When I woke up the next morning my head was pounding. I think it was a mix between both Eren and my stress and all of our worries floating around my head. "You okay?" Eren asked. I looked up to see him sitting at the edge of the bed looking back at me. He had a leg crossed and a notepad sitting in his lap.

I think he noticed that I was having a hard time. I could barely open my eyes without my headache worsening. My hand was rubbing at my head and I wanted nothing more than to just lay back down and go back to sleep. Anything to try and get this pain to stop.

"My head," I said quickly before sitting up. That was a bad idea. The room started spinning and I felt my vision darken go black for a moment before coming back. "I need to lay back down," I whispered mostly to myself at the realization that I'm much worse than I thought I was. I slowly leaned back until I felt my head hit the pillow. I closed my eyes and just tried to rest my head.

Eren was at my side almost instantly, his hand on my forehead. "What's wrong?" His other hand slipped into mine and gave it a comforting squeeze.

"Overwhelmed," I said back quickly not knowing what else to say.

"Should I leave the room?" he asked. As much as I desperately wanted him to stay by my side and lay with me I knew it would only make things worse. Especially now that he's worried about me as well as everything else.

"Yes please," I said quietly.

"Okay," he leaned over and placed a gentle kiss on my forehead. "I'll go sit with Pixis in his office, come grab me when you're feeling better."

"I will, sorry," I said. I couldn't help but feel guilty kicking him out of his own room.

"No need to be sorry," he said, giving me a smile that just melts my heart. His hand slipped out of mine and I wanted to desperately grab it back and keep him here next to me. God, I love him. He's so understanding. What did I do to deserve him?