Breaking the Stand-Off

"What do you want us to do?" I asked Eren. I knew we would be the ones to break the standoff, but how did he want us to. Were we going straight for violence? Would we try and find a peaceful way that would probably inevitably backfire. No matter what he decided he had to tell us quickly. Everyone was waiting on his word to move, not just our team, but all of the teams. Thomas had all of our team leaders connected while someone with a similar ability from another team helped connect us with the others.

No one was moving a muscle, not us, not the army of guards in front of us. I know what we are waiting for? But what are they waiting for? Could they be trying to prove the point that we are violent and will attack even unprovoked? Could they be stalling until more reinforcements arrive? I'm too far to hear their thoughts from here, but I know whatever they are waiting for can't be good.

"If they are waiting for violence then there's probably a reason," I said thinking out loud.

"I know," Eren mumbled. It's odd they aren't attacking us. We need to find a nonviolent way to make the first move. He thought before looking at me. I got it!.

He turned around looking at our team. "Levi, Armin, Jean, Erwin, Hitch, and Rico. Come here," he said, calling them over. Well, he has a plan. I don't know if it will work, but it seems like the best play.

He went over his thoughts with the others and they all seemed to agree to it. I mean we didn't have any other options. The other option was to go in guns blazing and hope that no one dies

"Okay Jean," Eren said, getting ready. Jean started giving us a steam cover. "Armin, go for it," Eren whispered, starting up the second phase. As Armin disappeared he turned to the others. "Hitch, count to 10 then start the illusion. When you start, tell Erwin and have him start."

I heard Hitch counting down and watched as she nudged Erwin. Erwin teleported away and we waited. I waited watching for my part to start through the steam. The guards were clueless that anything was even going on. On their side, it looked like we were still in a standoff with a little bit of steam coming from our side.

On our side Armin was slowly removing their guns, I was using my power to move them to Erwin who was portalling the guns behind us. Lastly, Hitch had pulled a wall over their eyes making sure that they didn't see what was actually happening. We didn't have much time to disarm them all, before Hitch's illusion collapses, but we will try to get as many as we can before that happens. If we run into any civilians on our side we can maybe have them pick the guns up so they aren't just left defenseless, but for now, we thought about just destroying them.

We finally decided to portal the guns to some of the other teams who had met up with some civilians willing to fight. Those teams can evenly distribute them as they see fit.

We got a good amount of the guns removed before Hitch whispered to us that she wasn't able to hold the illusion for much longer and that we would have to do the next stage of the plan.

"Give them the signal to get out of there," Eren whispered to Jean.

Jean stopped making the steam and instantly made it vanish. "I watched as Erwin instantly snapped his head over to us before teleporting back behind the wall.

"Where's Armin?"

"Here," Armin said, reappearing in front of us as he leaned over putting his hands on his knees trying to catch his breath.

"Alright, Hitch you have enough left for the next stage right?" Eren asked and she gave a nod.

"Erwin-."

"On it," he said, opening a portal right in the middle of where they were standing. "Ready?" he asked Rico.

"Ready. Open the portal again in two minutes," she said before walking through.