Hand-to-Hand Combat

I finished eating and left the others to finish their food. I headed over to Pixis and Shadis to see if they needed help setting up and where this would take place. I thought they might decide to do this down in the training area, but they could also be deciding to do this in the sparring area. When I walked up it seemed they answered that question for me as they talked about getting the sparring area ready.

When Pixis looked at me I could tell there was a slight change of plan before he even told me. "So for the hand-to-hand combat we aren't going to use Sasha's doubles anymore," He said and I stared at him confused.

"Why not?"

"Well, Sasha's doubles can o0nly do as much as Sasha. So to accurately gauge everyone's skills we have to be the ones to do it," Pixis said looking to Shadis.

"So everyone has to fight you two?" I asked.

"Either us or Nanaba, she also offered to help."

She walked over to us not long after to help us set up. "So we were planning on doing the hand to hand demonstrations first and then move to the power demonstrations. We've already asked Sasha to stand by for some of those. She's the only one who knows you will be handling some of them too," Pixis said and I nodded.

"You haven't told Eren?" Shadis asked me.

"No, and I don't plan on telling him until I have to," I shrugged. I don't plan on telling him at all, I plan on him just finding out when they call me up.

"Are you sure that's a good idea?" He asked.

"No, but it's better than getting killed before doing the demonstrations," I shrugged before going to check how many people were still eating. We had everything all set up so now it was just bringing everyone over to us.

There were only a few people still eating, everyone else was just chatting. "When you're done please come over to the sparring area," I said and people started heading over already. The rest finished up their food and joined the others.

We all lined up as Pixis explained to everyone else what we were doing. "Would anyone like to go first?" He asked.

"I'll go first," Erwin volunteered.

"Alright, step into the circle."

"The goal is to get Pixis out of the circle or pinned to the ground without using your powers. If the spar goes over 3 minutes we will call it a tie," he said and they both waited for the count down.

"I'm not gonna hold back on you, you should know how to fight," Pixis said as the countdown started.

"I wouldn't have it any other way," Erwin smiled as the countdown ended.

As the last few seconds were approaching we started counting down from ten. When we hit zero both of them stopped. It was a tie. They were both out of breath but shook each other's hands.

"Don't worry, not all of these will be as long or as hard as this one," Nanaba said, reassuring some of the others.

One by one people started going up against them. Only a few people were pinned down so far. Armin and Christa were both pinned by Nanaba. We didn't worry too much about them being pinned since we knew both of their powers could save them if that happened.

Eren went next and I watched this match closely. He was going up against Pixis.

"Don't hold back," I heard Eren whisper. Shit don't ask that.

"Wish granted," Pixis nodded.

They counted down and Eren's first move was to put his guard up and stay low to the ground. Pixis stayed mostly on the defensive at first. He was waiting for Eren to make the first move which obviously is a trap. Eren saw right through that and kept his distance. Waiting him out wasn't an option though it was too easy and would get them nowhere. His mind was working hard to find an opening that would make it easy to strike without Pixis having an easy counter strike.