The Consequences of Our Actions Part 1

It took a while for almost everyone to get in the room and we all sat nervously fidgeting in our chairs. I was having a hard time sitting still despite my whole body hurting every time I did. I could see the anxious energy coming from everyone. I kept a hold of Levi's hand making sure he was still doing okay. We aren't exactly sure what's going on with him, we just know something is going on. I'm not even sure when his powers are going to come back, last time it took a little while, but this time it could take all night maybe longer.

I watched as the anxious look on his face changed to confusion. He looked down at my hand and then back up to me. He just stared at me blankly as he blinked a little. He furrowed his brows and looked me up and down for a second. "You okay?" I asked, trying to figure out what was going on.

He just stared at me for a moment longer and shook his head slightly less as an answer to my question and more to snap himself out of whatever was happening. "Sorry, I think I was just spacing out a little," he mumbled. His eyes dropped back to the floor before he closed them.

"Are you sure that's all that was?" I asked leaning down to get a better look at his face.

"I don't know. I just forgot what I was doing for a second." I felt my chest tighten a little.

"Like earlier?"

"Sorta," he mumbled.

"Did you forget who I was?" I asked. I already knew the answer; the way he looked at me he looked like he didn't know me even if it was just for a moment.

He just brought his hand up to his face and rubbed at his eyes a little. "I- I don't know what's going on. I didn't know where I was, what I was doing, who anyone was, it was just for a moment, but I got so confused."

He didn't want to look at me. I think he thought I would be mad. I wasn't mad, I was scared. I have no idea what this means. He's not going to forget me, is he? No, now is not the time to panic about that, now is the time to comfort him. We will figure it out as we go.

I pulled his head close to my chest and he quickly wrapped his arms around me. "I'm right here baby, we are going to figure this out. I promise, okay?"

"Okay," he mumbled, his head buried in my chest. He was holding me so tight. He was scared. I don't blame him, this is terrifying.

The last few people came into the room and Pixis stood up to address everyone. After he explained what we were going to be talking about, and doing I could see everyone looking around the room. He told the people who weren't a part of the mission that they were going to be needed to help the rest of us for the next few days.

They all seemed to understand. I could tell what they were thinking by the looks on their faces. They were the lucky ones. They got to sit everything out only having to take care of everything after the mission was mostly over. Then again the rest of us knew what we were getting ourselves into. We decided to keep going. We knew there would be consequences, now it's time to face them.

Pixis started talking again and I tuned it out. He hasn't started talking about backlashes yet, and I was more focused on Levi. he was still clinging to me for dear life. I wanted to keep an eye on his face in case I noticed his expression change again.

"Alright let's get straight into it," Pixis announced. Whatever we are about to hear it won't be good, and that's if we can even figure out all of what's wrong. I know some things won't be as instant, they will take time to figure out. Jean was lucky and was able to figure his out right away, but we aren't even sure if anything else is wrong. Mine I'm sure is permanent, but the others aren't convinced. I'm not sure if it's hope or denial. Then again what really is the difference? In some cases, hope is just a more positive way of denying the inevitable.