Uproar

Author's Notes~ Sorry, the chapter was a little late I was out of town and didn't have wifi until today. Hope everyone enjoys the chapter.

----------------------------

I woke up and looked around. I was expecting a headache when I woke up but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I wasn't expecting to fall asleep last night despite it being late. I guess I was more tired than I thought. I looked up at Levi who was running his fingers through my hair. "Hey baby," he said, seeing me look up at him.

"Hey, how long have you been up?"

"Ten, maybe 15 minutes," he shrugged. "I didn't want to wake you."

"You should have, my head hurts, I slept too much," I said, closing my eyes and laying my head back down on his chest.

"Yeah, I can tell." It took a moment for me to process what he was saying but when I got it I looked up at him. Your powers are back. I asked him through my thoughts.

"Sure are," he smiled, "apparently you were worried they might not come back?"

"Well, we didn't know what could happen. I knew you weren't worried, but I was."

"Well no need to worry anymore, also I didn't wake up confused today, I'm hoping that's going away, but I won't get my hopes up." He seemed more worried about the second part, but not as worried as the other day. Before I could say anything about it he changed the subject. "We should go check with the others about what happened with everyone and what the world looks like at the moment. The last time we meddled with this stuff, riots popped up. I'm almost afraid to see what is happening now."

"I am too, I mean that much evidence being released to the public, I wouldn't be surprised if there was mass chaos right about now."

"Speaking of," a voice from the doorway spoke up. We both turned our heads to see Hassam. "Sorry, I knocked but I guess neither of you heard it," he said awkwardly before clearing his throat, "Pixis wanted me to grab everyone so he could tell everyone what is happening at the moment."

"We will be right in," I nodded.

We both threw on some clothes before heading out into the common room. People were still making their way in. I couldn't tell what mood Pixis was in. He was just sitting at the table with some newspapers in front of him with his arms across his chest. He was watching as everyone came in his face and didn't hold a single emotion in it.

"Can you read him?" I asked Levi hoping he could prepare us a little but he just shook his head.

"Nope, he's stonewalling me on purpose."

"We aren't meeting in the family meeting room?" I asked when we got closer. I assumed we were all wondering that since a few other people looked confused that we were called to the common area.

"The stairs have been hard for some people," Pixis answered calmly.

"Right," Levi mumbled, looking down at the ground.

We all took a seat waiting for everyone else to come in. A few people just stood around. Jean and Marco had made their way in and sat down next to us. I watched as Levi's head turned to them really quick.

"What's going on?" he asked in a quiet voice.

"I'm assuming you got your powers back," Jean mumbled, "I'll explain later, but yeah basically we found a new backlash."

"You what?" I asked, looking at him now.

"Again I'll explain it later," he mumbled, laying his head on the table.