Exiled Group

I followed behind Eren as he led the charge through the camp. The others behind us. Everything happened so fast. Fights broke out, we got separated from the rest of the groups, I couldn't even see the rest of our groups. Just guards closing in on us. I turned around to tell Eren to fall back.

Time slowed to a stop as I saw a guard aim a gun at Eren's back. I tried to use my powers to stop it, but they weren't working. I tried to scream out to tell him to duck, but it was too late. Next thing I know he's in my arms gasping for air. I watched the life drain from his eyes as he took his last forced breath.

I shot up so fast I was light-headed swaying on my feet as I tried to find my balance. My body was drenched in a cold sweat. I looked around the room and saw I was still in Eren's and my room.

"Baby?" I heard Eren whisper as he stood up and grabbed my hand. I looked into his eyes and felt so relieved it was only a nightmare but it felt so real. I thought I had lost him. He was crying and that's when I realized that my face was wet with tears. I just pulled him into a hug and held him tight.

"Nightmare?" he asked. I just nodded and we sat back on the bed. "Wanna talk about it?"

"No. But I swear to god if you die I'll have Ymir's poltergeist friends beat the shit out of you," I said squeezing him tighter.

"Noted," he was confused but he just went with it. He thought I was still out of it from my dreams, but I was dead serious.

We heard a knock and both our heads turned towards the doorway. The curtain moved aside a moment later and Pixis stepped inside fully dressed in his costume. "Oh, you're awake," he said before looking at us, "am I interrupting something?" he asked.

"No, why are you dressed in your costume?" I mean he had everything on mask and all.

"The group of exiles just arrived. I've instructed everyone but a few people to stay in their rooms. Everyone who is going to meet them I'm having them dress in costumes. Which is why I'm here, get suited up, and meet us in the common area."

"You want us to greet them?" Eren asked. He was especially confused after his meltdown yesterday the last time they were brought up.

"Yes, I need you to get to know them so you know where they fit into your plan," he said before turning to leave, "I let them know you two would be coming so they wouldn't be caught off guard.

"Before you go-," I stopped him in the doorway. "Should I leave my knives off my costume?" I asked. I didn't want to scare them.

"Well, are they a part of your costume?"

"Yes, but-."

"Then bring them," he said blankly.

"But why?"

"I'm sure they have some weapons on them too," he shrugged, "I have my knife on me."

"Not a lot of trust going on," Eren mumbled.

"We need to build trust first," he said before turning back towards the door, "get dressed. Oh, and Levi, let me know if any of their thoughts are sketchy."

He left and we did just that. We quickly put on our costumes. Eren was rushing so fast he nearly tripped trying to get his pants on. I could feel his sore back from here, "sorry babe," I mumbled to him and he just rolled his eyes at me.

The thing that took the longest was Eren's arm wraps and braces. I couldn't go too fast while putting them on. I had to slow down and do it right rather than risk them being too loose or too tight and having them cause issues. My knives took a minute to get too. It was mostly about finding where they went on my costume. Once we were dressed we put our masks on and hoods up before heading out of our room to the common area.