News Broadcast Takeover

The next day was the longest day for all of us and it was only a half-day. We went through the motions and did everything a normal day held. We woke up, ate breakfast, sparred a little to train, ate lunch, hung out with some of the others, then took a short nap before the mission. Despite acting like it was a normal day everything just felt wrong. Nothing felt normal. We acted how we thought we were supposed to act, but everything just felt off. We were scared, we might have higher odds now that we added Quinn and Alastair, but everything is still so risky. There are too many what-ifs for me to be anything but scared of what is going to happen tonight.

Normally by now Levi would have said something and tried to snap me out of it, but he seemed to be in the same position. He tried to stay positive for my sake but I could tell he was just going through the motions too. We all were like walking zombies. Even Jean and Marco looked pretty out of it today. They came and took a nap in our room with us, but never said anything about their worries. They didn't have to. We could all tell none of us were sure of what was going to happen.

Now that we are awake and getting ready for the mission this just feels like a dream. None of this feels real like we are all in some horrible nightmare we can't seem to wake up from.

We headed out into the common area to meet the rest of the team. Hanji, Pixis, Shadis, Annie, and Mikasa were all standing there as backup in case things went wrong.

It was a lot earlier in the day than any of our other missions. Normally we would go in the dead of night, but the sun only went down like two hours ago. Most people probably haven't eaten dinner yet.

"Alright, have you guys decided how you are going into this?" Pixis asked. It wasn't like we could teleport into some random alley and make our way there. We had to teleport straight into the building.

"Yes, we talked about how we would do this," I said looking at Erwin giving him a nod to start. He nodded back and put his finger up to his lips letting everyone know to be quiet so he could start. He waited for everyone to nod before opening a single portal about the size of a dime. He looked around and opened another portal before looking around in that one. He kept going portal by portal.

The first portal is by the main entryway, the next is behind the desk towards the first hallway. The next one was down the hallway. He kept going until he had eyes on almost every room. He was looking for a place where we could open the portal and bring everyone through without anyone being the wiser.

"Problem," Pixis whispered, walking over to me. "They have cameras," he said and I felt my heart drop. Of course, they do.

"Is anyone in the security room?"

"One person in the room, two in the hallway right outside the room."

"So not the most ideal place to go in,"

"Not exactly."

"But we don't have much of a choice," I sighed.

"I looked around the room to see who would be the most capable of knocking the guy out without making any noise. My eyes landed on Alastair. His shadow manipulation power could work, but I don't know if he is comfortable with using it, especially right off the bat like this.

Before I could ask, Quinn beat me to it. "You're up," she nudged him.

He looked at me and smiled, "You want me to take him out?" he asked and I nodded. "I can do that."

I looked at Erwin and took a deep breath. "Open it."

He opened the portal behind the man sitting at the security desk and I looked at Alastair who nodded. I watched as his eyes turned black and the black veins went down his face. I looked through the portal and the man was getting choked out by his own shadow. He was pinned, unable to move as he was choked unconscious. Even after he was unconscious the shadow remained holding him there with his mouth covered.