Recon Mission Talk

After the family meeting, everyone left the room, but Levi and I stayed behind to see if Pixis actually wanted my help or if I was just imagining it earlier. After the last few people left Pixis gestured for us to follow him as he followed Shadis and Nanaba out of the room. We followed him down to the meeting room. Levi and I took a seat and across from us Pixis, Shadis, and Nanaba sat down.

"So after hearing a little about the layout, what's your thoughts?" Pixis asked.

I just froze up. "I don't know," I mumbled. The last time I made a plan it didn't end as expected. The ideas in my head are spiraling. I can't get a coherent plan together without trying to overthink it. Each plan is not even half thought out before another one pops into my head.

"Stop panicking," Levi whispered in my ear, "your plans are amazing. Overthinking won't help anything."

He placed a hand on mine and I felt a wave of calm rush over me as he used his power. My thoughts slowly stopped spiraling until they were coming through clearer.

"It's okay I know we are asking a lot of you," Pixis said with an understanding tone.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. I gave myself a moment to think first before nodding and opening my eyes again. "Okay," I said looking up at Pixis, "I know we were planning on raiding both camps at the same time, but are you planning on having the recon missions at the same time too?"

"No, recon missions will be done separately. I figured it would be easier to do those separately and that both groups would need Erwin to get in and out," he answered. That makes sense. God, I'm asking stupid questions.

"I had the same question," Levi said to Pixis but made sure to look me in the eyes to let me know that my question wasn't stupid. I could practically tell what he was thinking. He was telling me to stop beating myself up over little things.

"Well, I need to know more about the camps before I can think up a plan that could help."

Pixis just nodded and pulled out some notes. "We got as much information as we could, hopeful it's enough." He looked through his notes before looking back up at me. "The Mountain camp has cliffs and forests nearby, so there's some cover for the recon team. The desert camp might be a little harder to find cover since the only cover if you can even call it that, are cactus, dead bush, other various small plants, and maybe a boulder or a ditch."

"I think we can make it work. We would just need a smaller team to go in. The fewer people for that mission the better."

"Alright, which recon mission should we plan first?" Nanaba asked.

"Well, we should plan the desert one last. It requires a smaller team, but more planning," I said.

"So mountain recon mission it is," Levi finished.

"So who are you thinking?" Pixis asked. I felt another rush of panic run over me and I could tell Pixis saw it. He quickly added, "We're just spitballing ideas, nothing permanent, just brainstorming."

I nodded and took a deep breath to calm down. "Okay," I breathed, "well, we need to figure out whose powers would work best for recon in that environment. However, we definitely need Erwin for sure."

"Yeah, Erwin is guaranteed for both teams," Pixis nodded.

"I know Armin and Ymir will probably be added to each team because their powers are best suited for gathering information," Levi added.

"Yeah, so basically all we have to figure out is whose powers are best suited to protect and keep the team safe while they gather information."

"Basically," Pixis nodded.