CHAPTER:9

''Jungwon, I'm back.'' Jay announced as he entered their hotel room. The curtains were already drawn and he could make out the shape of Jungwon's body under the sheets. The sheets of the second bed.

''Jungwon?'' Jay called softly. There was no response.

Jungwon was awake but if he spoke, Jay would know he was in pain. So he pretended to be asleep. He was trembling and crying. He had a fever as well and covering himself with a blanket, was a terrible idea.

He heard the door open and close. Good, he could cry out loud now that Jay was gone again.

The boy began to sob, but stopped at the sound of... Jay's voice.

''Do you think I'm such a monster, you'll only cry when I'm gone?''

''J..Jay??''

''Surprise, surprise. I didn't go anywhere.''

''I'm not crying okay! I'm just...''

''Crying?'' Jay made his way over to Jungwon and removed the blanket off the boy. ''Are... are you in pain?''

''N..no! I just have a fever.''

''Okay babe, I understand that. Why are you clutching your hands so tightly then?''

''I'm cold!''

Jay stretched out his hand slowly. ''Show me.''

''W..what? What..''

''Jungwon show me baby please.''

Jungwon didn't know how Jay found out but what the hell, there was no point in hiding it now. He slowly released his hands and let Jay roll up his sleeves gently. The elder boy hissed and looked away. Jungwon began to cry loudly.

''How long?''

''L..long.''

''How long?'' Jay asked again.

''Almost my whole life...''

Jay embraced Jungwon tenderly allowing the boy to soak his shirt in tears.

''It's okay, it's okay.'' he comforted softly. ''Let it all out.''

The marks on Jungwon's arm went all the way up. And they were deep.

''I'm taking you to the hospital baby, okay?''

''N...no!''

''But you need help, just to get stitches. That's all.''

After much hesitation, Jungwon gave in. The drive was quiet since Jay didn't want to push any further with him. The boy was in pain, he'd speak in due time and Jay would be there to listen.

(ONE HOUR LATER)

The doctor had given Jay some tablets that would numb Jungwon's pain. The boy was to take two a day for a week- under supervision.

He fell asleep in the car on their way back to the hotel which gave Jay time to think about what he should do next.

With all this being pushed onto him, he was unable to think clearly. What do people do in situations like this?

Telling a person 'it'll be alright' is one of the biggest lies ever created. It's not going to be alright because you're not alright and you need help and that's okay.

Jay wasn't raised in a broken home so he couldn't pretend as though he knew Jungwon's pain. He didn't and that's why it was his duty to find out exactly what led to the boy doing that 'almost his whole life'.