CHAPTER:72

Side Story: Jakehoon (1)

(The Previous Night)

Jake loved Sungoon.

There were things he couldn't explain about the boy but nonetheless, he loved Sunghoon. Losing him was not an option and he surely did something dumb by breaking up with his lover.

The catch? Jake had a misunderstanding about one of his father's conversations and jumped to conclusions.

''Jake, why??'' was what Sunghoon asked him that fateful night. His 'why' was more of a 'I'll do anything to keep you, just tell me.' but Jake's response had been a pathetic 'just because'.

He was rude to Sunghoon that night and ever since then, he regretted his actions unlike any regret he'd ever had before.

When his dad found out about this breakup, he was...happy. He never did like Sunghoon so he told Jake that this was for the best.

But, Jake refused to let Sunghoon go. He'd do anything and everything to be with his lover again. Irregardless of which country he was in and irregardless of whether Cai thought Jake wasn't the right suitor for Sunghoon or not.

---------

Jake was surprised to see Cai already on his way out of the house when he arrived there. And with him was his suitcase.

''Jake, you again.''

''Please tell me where Sunghoon went to, please.''

''No.''

''Where are you going?''

''Back to China, and yes, before you ask, this house is already up for sale since no one will be staying here anymore.''

''No!'' Jake cried. ''What about Sunghoon? Cai...I-''

''He's gone because of you and he's not coming back. You should move on.''

''But I love him!''

''Do you? You love him so you broke up with him?'' Cai glared at Jake whilst laughing bitterly.

''I want him back!''

''He loved you enough to want to do this.'' Cai  flung a small box at Jake. ''It was for you.''

''What's this?'' the boy asked hesitantly. When he got no reply, he opened it and slowly began to cry even more.  ''A..r...ring?''

''He'd call me every night telling me 'I'm gonna propose', 'I'm gonna propose, 'I'm gonna propose'. It was meant to happen on your anniversary which was today, wasn't it. It was but not anymore or ever again.''

''You have to believe me, I love him! I would never hurt him!''

''Well, that's ironic, is it not? Enjoy your new life Jake.''

There was one last thing Cai said before he left and it had Jake in a daze.

'Sunghoon was already sick, you didn't have to make it worse.'

There was no way Jake could forgive himself now.

The heartache.

----------

If Sunghoon was gone, then there was no use in remaining here as well.

If Sunghoon didn't want him, then he didn't want himself.

If Sunghoon hated him, then he hated himself.

Nothing mattered if their relationship was dead, nothing mattered if he couldn't be protected by Sunghoon or loved by him.