CHAPTER:26

''Ni-ki, what the hell? We need to find Sunoo. I have never seen him behave like this before!''

Jungwon and Ni-ki were at their lockers preparing for their next class.

''No Jungwon, you have enough to worry about already. If Sunoo wants to behave like a spoilt child then leave him be. But I'm not going to waste my time trying to apologise for things HE did and you shouldn't either.'' Ni-ki slammed the door of his locker and walked to class angrily.

The moment he left, Kyungmi and her gang came to surround Jungwon.

''Hi Wonie.'' Kyungmi greeted a little too sweetly for Jungwon's liking. Her other three friends copied and pasted a fake smile as well.

''It's 'Jungwon' to you and your goons.'' the boy replied gripping his bag.

''Hey, why the hostility? We just wanted to know if you would like to be friends.''

''What, all of a sudden? You've been insulting and terrorising me from day one and you want to be 'friends'? You don't even have the audacity to apologise.''

Kyungmi looked at her friends with a weird glare then changed back to her normal persona.

''Look Jungwon, I don't care about you because you're ugly, untalented, you look like a prostitute, you're poor. You even smell poor.''

Her friends laughed  afterwards they all proceeded to push the boy to the ground.

''So..we saw the Park Jongseong sitting at your table for lunch.'' one of Kyungmi's friends said stepping on Jungwon's arm. ''How do YOU know him?''

''Don't ask him that Yumi.'' Kyungmi told her grimly. ''Jay must've seen him and pitied him therefore coming to bring him a grant or a cheque to brush his teeth.''

They laughed horridly and continued kicking the boy senselessly.

''Oh wait, what if...he's Jay's house servant- like to clean the toilets and stuff?'' Yumi asked her friends. ''And he must've stolen something. Little thief pig!''

Jungwon's arms were bleeding due to the force the girls were applying to it with their shoes.

''Yuck, he's bleeding!'' Kyungmi exclaimed in disgust. ''Oh gosh, it's those cuts he has on his arms, I wanna puke...''

Jungwon was crying now. He hated the way people like Kyungmi degraded him and insulted him for cutting himself. It always drove him to cut himself more.

It all happened when Kyungmi saw him doing it one day alone in the library. Ever since, she told her friends and they used that to hurt the boy on a daily basis.

''He's such a freak!'' Kyungmi's second unoriginal friend, Mia, added. ''Let's go.''

''We'll see you around you self-harm mutant.'' Kyungmi told him before kicking him one last time and then leaving with her friends.

Jungwon slowly stood up and went to look for Chonghae.

                                                                                            ****

''Who did this to you?'' Chonghae asked as he sat with Jungwon in the nurse's office wrapping the boy's arms.

''Some bullies.''

''Are you scared to let Jay know that you're being bullied?''

''It's embarrassing to say in the least but I don't wanna burden him...and besides, I can handle this. I basically grew up this way.''

''One, you telling Jay about what's going on is not going to burden him because he lov-um..likes you. Two,it will never be okay to get bullied just because it's been happening to you for a long time.''

''Because he likes me doesn't mean he has to solve all my problems.'' Jungwon said softly. ''He didn't get married to me for this.''

''Then what is he supposed to do Jungwon? Allow you to get hurt? Allow you to hurt yourself more? When you've clearly reached the brink? No sane person would do that.''

''My parents say I'm not worth it. That no one should love or worry about me They've been saying this all my life and I believe them, they're right.''

''I found you that morning lying on the floor. If I didn't care about you, I'd leave you there but I'm not insensitive to feeling so I did what was right. I'm even betraying my trust with Jay by not telling him and now I'm thinking that I should tell him today.''

''No! Please don't, please! I'd do anything- just don't tell him!'' pleaded Jungwon.

''Then you need to make a promise.''

''What?''

''Promise me you'll never cut yourself again, as tempted as you may be. If you feel like you want to, come to me or Jay, we won't belittle you Jungwon.''

''B..but I can't-''

''It's either that or I tell him, no negotiations.''

Jungwon could easily make that promise since he always kept to his promises but if Ilseong wanted him to cut himself, he had no choice- no, he made a deal with Ni-ki to not do anything Ilseong orders him to do again.

''Okay, I promise. I won't cut myself again- I'll try not to.''

''Good, now tell me who did this to you today.''

''Just Kyungmi and her musketeers. Nothing more, nothing new.'' Jungwon replied. ''Why?''

''Have you ever heard of the word 'revenge'?''

                                                                                  ****

''Well, you look happy.'' Boram said when she saw Jungwon.

''Oh me? I'm just thinking of something..''

''JAY.'' Ni-ki said in between a series of fake coughs. Jungwon threw an eraser at him.

''Listen Jungwon, about that party from Monday...we decided to go ahead with it but Sunoo doesn't want to be a part of it.''

Jungwon looked at Boram for a brief moment then looked over at Sunoo's desk: empty.

''Where is he?''

''Let's say Sunoo isn't a part of our friend group anymore.'' Yeosang told him.

''What? Why? No..''

''Calm down Jungwon, he isn't dead. He's just being a bitch right now and until he can humble himself, we want nothing to do with him.''

''Fine..this is so unlike him though.''

''I think he's seeing someone or something like that.'' Ni-ki informed them. ''I was spying- I saw him walking in a different direction than his usual one.''

''Did you follow him?'' Boram questioned.

''No, I didn't feel like it.''

''So he think he owns the stars because he's seeing someone?'' Yeosang asked in confusion. ''It must be some Duke of something.''

''ENOUGH ABOUT MY ENEMY and more about angel Jungwon. When is his party?'' asked Ni-ki.

''Can we do it tomorrow?'' Boram looked at Jungwon for confirmation. The boy nodded his head.

''It's settled then, tomorrow at 04:00 until whenever. Bring your boyfriends everyone.''

Jungwon gazed at Ni-ki and Ni-ki gazed at him. Oh boy.

------------------------

IF YOUR DAY HAS BEEN CRAP- CHONGHAE LOVES YOU ❤❤

❤❤