CHAPTER:70

(Park Residence, 07:00 P.M.)

''Jungwon?'' Mrs.Park said hesitantly, upon seeing the boy looking helpless on her doorstep.

''H...Hey, Mom.''

''Wonie, what's wrong?''

''N...nothing, I just came to see you.''

''O...okay, come on in.''

------

''Did you have a fight with Jay, Jungwon?''

''We're fine.''

''Are you?''

''We're trying our best, Mom.''

''And you came to me to be your counsellor?''

''No, I came to apologise.''

''What for?'' Mrs.Park asked, worriedly.

''I...I'm sorry.''

''How was the abortion?'' she inquired abruptly.

''I didn't go through with it. And I'm sorry for hurting you by wanting to abort your grandchild.''

''Wait, what?''

''I'm keeping my baby. I mean it this time, I do.''

''What...''

''I'm going to give you a grandchild. I...I've told Jay as well.''

''So...a baby's gonna call me grandma? I don't have to burn the baby booties I knitted?''

''No, Mom- did...did..you say that you knitted shoes for the baby?''

''Of course, I did! The day I found out was the day I knitted them. And more. But then, you said you didn't want my grandchild and I honestly cried to myself at night.''

''I'm so sorry, Mrs.Park! Those few days were the most confusing for me and now that I'm not confused, I really am excited to become a parent.''

Mrs.Park squealed like an excited child. 

''This calls for a glass of wine. But you can't have any, darling. A juice box?''

''I'd prefer to have a bowl of sliced apples and mustard, please. I've been craving that for the past eight hours.''

''Oh my- it's a weird combination but not the worst.''

''Should we invite Jay over for dinner, Mom?''

''Ugh, no. It's just us two tonight. Our little girl's night.''

------------------

''And...like they always snore so loudly and they take up all the space on the bed.''

''Not with me, no. I make Jay sleep on the couch if I have to, and a boner can make him stop snoring.''

''Mrs.Park and Jungwon laughed as though they were evil minions. Jungwon may have ended up staying longer than intended.

(11:30 P.M.)

''Jay just stay the night, honey. Wonie is tired and he's asleep in your room.''

''How much did he eat, Mom?'' Jay asked, staring at the empty dishes in the dining room.

''My word, he has such an appetite. It's good for him and the baby. I can tell it's going to be a healthy baby.''

''Did you see the baby bump?''

''I did, darling. It looks stunning on him.''

Jay smiled brightly and went to look for his sleeping hubby.