CHAPTER:10

(TUESDAY EVENING, 03:00 P.M)

''WHAT THE HELL??''  Jay and Jungwon exclaimed together as they stared at the open box before them. There was a fancy invitation card in the box which stated the he and Jay were invited to a masquerade ball.                                                                                                                                         

That was tomorrow night!!

Jay laughed sarcastically. ''I don't wanna believe we signed up for this.''

Jungwon was shocked but extremely happy about it. He took out their outfits from the box and admired them.

''These look staggering.'' he told Jay.

Jay glared at him. ''You're happy about this aren't you? You like to see me suffer.''

''Oh, come on Jay. It can't be that bad, we must've signed up for this yesterday when we were high.''

''And we can just cancel it, can we not?''

''It's not like we have anything better to do.''

''We can watch TV!''

''I'd rather go to the ball. I've never been to one of these before, please let's go.''

Jay took the pack the pack that had his name on it . ''I guess we can go. But it's ONLY because I wanna try this outfit, not because I wanna dance with you or anything.''

Jungwon squealed excitedly. ''Thank you soo much!!!''

''Well..?''

'Oh yeah..'' Jungwon leaned forward and kissed his cheek.

''Okay and maybe it's because I wanna dance with you.'' Jay said to him finally. ''I can't wait to see you be wowed by my skills.''

*****************************

(WEDNESDAY MORNING)

Jay and Jungwon stayed away from the dessert buffet due to how crazy it made them on Monday.

''Don't eat too much.'' Jungwon reprimanded. ''We have our thing later.''

The younger was taking the masquerade very seriously. He forced Jay to sit with him and watch romance movies that had masquerade balls. He even made Jay rehearse the dance steps early in the morning.

''If  you mess this up for me,'' Jungwon warned. ''I will forever haunt your dreams Park Jongseong.''

''And if you mess up? What should I do?''

''Umm...nothing? I'm your husband, duh.''

''Tcch..whatever.''

The couple had gone to the pool again to swim some more and as expected, Jungwon couldn't help showing off how fast he could swim now- obviously, he couldn't outdo his mentor.

Jay hated how much fun he was having with the boy. He hated how soft he felt around him. His worries seemed to float away whenever Jungwon came near him, and as much as he tried to, he couldn't resist getting attached to him.

But at the same time, he didn't understand why someone would hurt a boy like that. Hurt him so much he hurt himself. Whoever was responsible for that, deserved to die in the most horrific way possible.

Jay knew Jungwon wasn't ready to talk about it so he never asked any questions. That didn't mean he forgot about it. He couldn't. Not after he saw what was hidden to the world.