CHAPTER:40

(The Next Morning, 08:40 A.M)

''Okay, I must say your hubby is a keeper Jay. I'm rating him a 15/10.''

Jay looked up from the book he was reading. ''Umm...what exactly...are we doing Yoshi?''

''Ah, yes. Since we're gossiping- I have to tell you all, Sunghoon and Jake are M.I.A.''

''And how exactly...do you know that Asahi?'' Jay asked slowly.

''I don't know, I think Sunghoon took Jake to his condo in...the Bahamas? Yeah, so anyways, that's that.''

''But...how exactly...do you know that Asahi??'' asked Jay again, slowly. ''What are we doing guys? Why is everyone acting so weird around me? Haruto you too. Put that book down because I know you don't read.''

Haruto pretended to be surprised. ''Oh, me? I'm just browsing this...um...this book, right boys.''

''YEAH.''' the other boys chorused.

Jay squinted his eyes cautiously. ''Hmm...what's going on? I'm getting a little freaked out.''

Wooyoung grasped Jay's hands desperately. ''Please can we meet Jungwon again?!''

''Uh...I think the fuck not boys. Jungwon is in maximum protection right now under strict surveillance. And why the hell are you all looking like Barbie and her disciples? Stop making puppy eyes at me!''

''Casually going to skip over the last thing you just said.'' Heeseung said coolly. ''What's going on with Wonie? I noticed that you've been AWOL on our group-chat this weekend.''

''Kwon Ilseong is the name.''

The boys became serious and attentive. An enemy of any member was an enemy to the rest of them.

''What'd he do?'' Yoshi inquired seriously.

''Details are personal but hes the dog who's been assaulting my husband. In ways I would not like to get into, least I pull out the silencer in my bag and murder innocent people.''

''You said he's done what to my favourite person now? I swear to god, he must be burnt by the stake.'' Yoshi took out his phone and began typing swiftly. ''So, what do you know about him?''

''Yoshi is right Jay. I have my laptop with me, I'll hack into everything he owns.'' Haruto added. ''And don't forget to bring me a finger when you're done slaughtering him.''

''Wait boys...the name sounds familiar.'' Wooyoung was thinking deeply. ''Like I swear I've heard that name before. I was made to memorise every single name of the rich folk back in my day.''

''WHERE?'' Jay asked. ''The info my Team found on him was quite scarce as well. I have yet to find anything more.''

''Did you contact the system?'' Asahi asked Jay. ''You can try but you can't hide from the system.''

''Let me just forward everything to you all on the group-chat.'' when Jay sent his friends the information, they examined it silently and warily.

''Wait, wait, wait...hold on one two seconds guys.'' Haruto  hurriedly took out his laptop and commenced typing at an incredible speed. ''Wooyoung said the name sounds familiar and if I know anything, it's to detect the family of influential people.''

For some reason, Jay's heart was beginning to pound rapidly. Something didn't feel right.

''Where's Jungwon?'' Heeseung stared at Jay for an answer.

''At...school..''

''Jay...you ABSOLUTE DUMBASS!'' yelled Asahi. ''Where'd your IQ go when you allowed him to go to school?!''