CHAPTER:77

''Your parents called.''

Jungwon had never felt the need to be swallowed by the ground more than he did now. His husband took a seat at one of the kitchen chairs and looked at him in disappointment.

''They told me everything, Jungwon.''

''They did?''

''They did.'' the elder replied. ''Why'd you lie to me? Why do you find pleasure in lying to me, Jungwon? Why?''

''What are you talking about? What did they say??''

''Did you think that I wouldn't help your family? We're married for what then?!''

''Jay-''

''Where's your ring?''

''Umm...''

''You can't answer because you sold it, didn't you?''

''No!''

''They told me you sold your wedding ring and gave them the money, you gave them all your jewellery so they could pay off their debts. The bruises you sustained is from a fight you had with one of their creditors, is it not?''

Jungwon couldn't speak, not even cry. He couldn't comprehend this.

''You told me we were robbed? Why could you just tell me the truth? I could've paid off their debts, Jungwon! You didn't have to do all this and on top of that, you lied to me?''

Silence.

His parents, the most revolting humans to exist, twisted the narrative to his husband and made him appear as the perpetrator?

And now Jay didn't even trust him?

''Well, aren't you going to say anything? Anything at all?''

Silence.

''So, that's it. I've tried my best with you and obviously I am a fucking clown for doing so. I'm done.''

''W...where are you going?''

''To my room, which you aren't invited to by the way. You can sleep on your own and do everything else on your own, seeing that you want to be Mr.Independent.''

--------------------------

''Owww!! Jay, I broke my seventy-two bones!''

''Not my problem!'' Jay screamed back from his room. ''I don't care or anything but did you break 72 bones?''

''Come downstairs and talk to me!''

''No, it's too late for that, Park Jungwon. After what you've done, I don't think there's any talking to be done.''

''I didn't do anything! You have to believe me!''

''Well, I don't, so stop trying to gain my sympathy.'' Jay banged his door shut and refused to hear anything else from Jungwon.

This is what his parents wanted. To see him crumble and left begging at their feet. To see him hopeless and feeling worthless.

And the best part...is that they actually succeeded in doing it.

He was a filthy liar and thief in the eyes of his husband. That was something he couldn't bear to live with.

--------------------------------

'So how do you plan on paying him back?'

Jungwon looked at himself in the mirror and saw a stranger staring back at him.

Make up and lace lingerie wasn't worth wearing if it wasn't for Jay.