CHAPTER:69

This was the moment he'd been waiting for.

The moment he both desired and feared the most.

Confronting his once best friend, Kim Sunoo.

The boy who betrayed him like no other could.

Sunoo turned around, overtaken by fear and guilt.

He couldn't face Jungwon, not like this.

Meeting those eyes that were filled with heartbreak and tears. Seeing Jungwon's face burning with rage and resentment, seeing his ex-best friend on the verge of combusting from this much pain.

''How could you...'' was the first thing out of Jungwon's mouth.

Sunoo tried to speak but he couldn't. The words fell lazily on his tongue and his sight became blurry.

Tears.

''HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME? HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME??''

Sunoo, once again, attempted to speak but he could just cry.

''I trusted you Sunoo, I trusted you with my life. I would've done anything for you- I would've died for you, yet you betrayed me in the most painful way??''

''I-''

''Why couldn't you be happy for me?? Why did you have to hurt me, Sunoo, WHY??!''

Jungwon slapped Sunoo hard enough for him to fall to the ground.

''WHY, WHY, WHY, WHY!!! TELL ME WHY!!''

And so, Jungwon continued slapping and punching the other boy until his knuckles were bloody and bruised.

''I...trusted...you Sunoo...'' cried Jungwon. ''I...fucking trusted you...''

''I'm sorry...''

''I'd never hurt you...why'd you hurt me Sunoo. Why...''

''I'm sorry...''

Sunoo was genuinely remorseful for what he did to Jungwon. Something about the boy being so crushed and distraught had him...broken to say in the least.

''I fucking hate you.'' Jungwon whimpered. '' I hate you Sunoo and I never want to see you again. Ever again. I'll never forgive you for this, Never.

''I'm sorry Jungwon, I promise, I am.''

''You're dead to me.''

With that, Jungwon practically crawled off Sunoo and went away cursing the boy for betraying him.

--------------------------------------

''WHY THE FUCK DID YOU COME BACK HERE??? WE TOLD YOU TO LEAVE!'' shouted Ni-ki as Sunoo clung onto him with glassy eyes.

''I...I'm sorry Ni-ki, I am! I...I...just wanted to apologise to Jungwon b...b..ut-''

''You met Jungwon??? After what you did to him, couldn't you spare him the heartache???''

''I know, I know, I...I-''

''Get off me, I need to find him.''

''Ni-ki please-''

''No, Sunoo, no!!! What you did is unforgivable and that's the truth. Just leave before you hurt him more. Please.''

-----------------------------

Where did Jungwon go?

To a place where he'd have peace of mind for a long time. The beach.