CHAPTER:96

(02:30 A.M)

Jungwon opened his eyes slowly unsure of where he was. There were IV drips attached to his body and monitor beeping slowly. The room was dark save the night light coming from above his head.

''Hey, there.'' a sweet voice said softly. ''Glad to see that you're awake.''

It was Ravn.

''Don't panic, Jay literally just left a few seconds ago to use the bathroom, he'll be back.''

Ravn gently flashed his penlight in the boy's eyes before ticking some stuff on his clipboard and checking his vitals.

''Okay, can you talk?''

Jungwon nodded his head slowly, still looking around the room.

''Your baby is fine. You sustained injuries-a lot but nothing that'll endanger your life or your baby. Are you hungry?''

Of course he was hungry. The boy was pregnant and hadn't eaten in two days.

''A nurse is gonna bring you something to eat in a bit. I'm gonna get Jay in here.''

''Wait...'' Jungwon called out weakly.

''What's wrong?''

''Frank?''

''Who's Frank, dear?''

''My roach friend. He kept me company in the basement.''

Ravn didn't know how to respond to that but he smiled kindly at the boy. ''I'll ask about Frank and get back to you.''

-----------------------

Jay remembers clearly trying his best not to cry like a baby when he held Jungwon in his arms that day. The boy was badly bruised and locked in a basement.

Despite his condition.

How could his parents be this cruel? Why were they this cruel?

What had Jungwon ever done to them other than being be born?

They didn't feed him despite him being pregnant and who knows what they had planned for him.

He remembered sitting at the boy's bedside thinking of the worst outcome. What if he didn't make it?

That would be because Jungwon was way too soft for his own good. He was so moulded and manipulated by his parents, he couldn't see when they were actually bringing him to his death.

When Ravn gave Jay the news that Jungwon had awaken, the boy practically skated over to his husband's room.

''You came back to me!!!'' Jay cried. ''I missed you, I missed you!''

''Sir, calm down.'' the nurse scolded. ''He's still weak. What are you doing? Don't hug him so tight!''

Jay wasn't hearing anything, he was just ecstatic that his husband was awake.

''Sir, he needs to eat or your baby will die.''

''What? No, no, no-''

Jungwon squeezed his hand lightly. ''Jay, I'm fine.''

''I...I'm sorry, it's all my fault, Wonie..''

''No, it's mine. I...went to the them. I let them fool me again and again and this time was not different. I'm an idiot for ever thinking my parents could ever love me. Ever...''

''I love you, Jungwon. My family loves you, your friends love you, people that see your worth love you. And most importantly, our baby will love you.''