CHAPTER:100

❀┈┈┈••✦ D-day ✦••┈┈┈•❀

Month after month went by and it's not like they were easy months, they were demanding. Jungwon had a lot of mood swings, he had a lot of cramps and he had a lot of cravings (mostly pizza and apples with mustard).

Jay, on the other hand, had busied himself with every book that existed on babies and their care. He also did his deep-dive research on how c-sections and how they'd affect Jungwon.

As they were nearing Jungwon's due date, he became more nervous inside but he couldn't let Jungwon know that. If he was nervous, who would his husband have as moral support?

They were told to come in a few hours earlier at the private hospital they'd be having the surgery at in order to ensure that nothing was going wrong with Jungwon.

So they set out that early Friday morning with Chonghae as their driver and made the long drive to the hospital.

Jungwon watched ASMR videos to calm his nerves and Jay thought of his baby calling him the best dad in the world to calm his nerves.

Chonghae...thought it was a blessing that he'd actually see a combination of Jay and Jungwon come to life. Imagine that.

Once the hospital's brightly lit structure was in view, everything felt different. A bit numb. This was the end of the wait and you either passed or failed. And in Jungwon's case, the possibility of failure was higher than that of passing.

❀┈┈┈••✦---✦••┈┈┈•❀

The hospital was sparkling clean and just as quiet as the word could get

The hospital was sparkling clean and just as quiet as the word could get. A kind nurse directed the couple to the room in which Jungwon would be staying in after he was done with the surgery.

She gave him a hospital gown that he needed to change into then left him and his husband in the privacy of their room.

Jay didn't need to say anything, words wouldn't help. He just needed to be there and Jungwon appreciated that.

Once Jay handed him his fluffy hospital slippers, the couple made their way to the operating room.

❀┈┈┈••✦---✦••┈┈┈•❀

An anaesthesiologist came to the operating room to discuss what type of anesthesia Jungwon wanted during his surgery and the boy chose regional anesthesia.

He wanted to see his baby be born and hold that bundle of joy.

Jay briefly whispered to Jungwon that their family and friends were sitting in the waiting room outside wishing for the best.

Jay along with Jungwon's midwife were in the room with him but at a safe distance to allow the surgeon along with his assistants, the obstetrician and the paediatrician proper space to conduct the surgery.