142: Medusa's Curse

Author POV

The Medusa's curse was a powerful one around the village. It was said to make anyone who experienced unrequited love shall turn into stone. Many folks who got rejected and humiliated by their one-sided love had turned to stone and was kept hidden in a cave. The only way to stop it was to destroy the statue of the stone's golden eyes. That was what they believed how the curse began.
So, they gathered the town, heroes, villagers to destroy it together. Eventually, the eyes were smashed into pieces and was thrown into the sea, where no one dared to speak or see it.

Sadly, that wasn't enough to stop the curse. Even if the statue was destroyed, the folks who were hurt by their unrequited love, still lived as stone. One man however, had regretted the way he treated the other that loved him.

This was their story.

"Good morning Jungkook!" The taller sighs and stares blankly. "What do you want?" The man that bothered him giggled and then, handed him a bouquet of flowers. "Here! And oh! I love you!" He giggles again and ran.
Jungkook stares at it and placed it on the table before walking away, leaving it.

Park Jimin was a villager that sells bread for a living. Jeon Jungkook was an immortal, blessed with powers that could make him dash towards enemies with high speed, able to dissapear at his will and was skilled with swords or pole arms. If someone were to ask him for a fight, he had already killed them in 3 seconds. No one dared to torment him except, Park Jimin.

"Flowers everyday" Jungkook grumbled. "Useless"

The man never understood affections or relationships. He had always seen himself dying alone with his weapons.
But when Jimin appreared and starts to follow him, that's when he really wanted to die alone. "I have no reason to live and so are those flowers. Tch." He had walked up to his favorite tree- a tall, green leaves and cool enough to block the sun. It was his favorite spot to sleep. He sat down, placing his pole arm beside him and lean his rest on the tree trunk, letting out a breathy sigh. "so nice..so cool hm..yes..."

As he was about to shut his eyes, he was met with a pair of cold hands closing them and then a voice saying,
"Guess who~~~"

Kill me. End my life.

"Grim reaper?" Jungkook sarcastically answered but Jimin didn't see that.

"No silly! It's me! Your favorite human!"

"I don't have favorites"

"Well you do now"

Jimin unwraps his hands and skips forward as he smiles- his eyes start to turn like the crescent moon as he does it. "Can I be with you?" He asked. Jungkook answered, "Never" Jimin pouts and sat infront of him.
"please? I'm tired too"
"No"
"I'm going to pretend I didn't hear that and just sleep beside you hehe"
"H-Hey!"

It was too late for Jungkook to process as Jimin already lay his head on the taller's lap. Jungkook frozed. Literally.
His arms were still up in the air in an awkward position as he clenches his teeth tightly. No one has ever invaded his space and the little bean was already doing so. "You-stop annoying me!" He yells. Jimin ignores it. Jungkook gets angry. "hey...hey...hey!"
His arms that were frozen had warmed up as he shook the boy harshly.

But then he realized that Jimin did fell asleep.

Jungkook shuts his eyes in anger.

Are you...kidding me?!!

Jungkook takes the pole arm from his side and swings it forward, almost grazing the smaller's nose, but he comes to a halt. He suddenly thought of something. "If I kill him. I'm a murderer and then I have no one to protect anymore..." Jungkook looks down, staring at the sleeping Jimin  ".....But I could just kill him and bury him-" Jungkook shook his head and then he gives up, putting the pole arm away. "No no. A man like me should know between right or wrong too" he says to himself. Jungkook concedes defeat and returns his head to the tree trunk, where he starts to stare at Jimin with murderous intent.

"You will soon know my wrath Park Jimin" he spat. His hand, however, was absorbed with stroking the male's hair without him realizing it. "He needs a bed. Not me.." Jungkook says.
In the end, they both slept under the tree.

That was normally how Jimin tries to gain Jeon Jungkook's attention.

He would either find him at the tree or with his luck, he would find him in the same place he never thought Jungkook would visit. It's a 50/50.
Jimin liked him. A lot. It was love at first sight when he saw Jungkook protecting the weak ones with no sort of fear in his face. He admired that courage and wished that he could make Jungkook know that. Jimin was not stupid. He was aware Jungkook hates him, but he was fine with it as long as the taller could remember his name and face everyday- it's enough to make him happy.

Today was another day where Jimin annoys Jungkook again. They met at the fountain located just outside the flower shop. Jungkook was seem to be holding something but Jimin being Jimin, scared him from behind.
"Boo!"  "Ack!" Jungkook turns around and groans. "You! What do you want!"
Jimin grins and proceeds to sit down beside him, looking happy as always.
"What are you doing?" He asked.
"Nothing". "aww don't be like that! I know you're doing something! Let me see!" Jimin tries to take a peek but jungkook hides it behind his back, making Jimin groan.

"Is it bad? What did you do?" Jungkook doesn't say a word but from his body language, it looked like he was shy. So, Jimin approached him gently and said, "Even if you hate me, I don't. So whatever it is you're doing, I'll love it" he smiles at him and Jungkook somehow feels calmer.
"Fine...but don't laugh" Jimin nods.
Jungkook slowly pulled the thing and finally showed the male.

It was a drawing of ..

Of...

Of..?

What the heck is that?

Jimin genuinely didn't know.

"Is that a ghost?"

"It's a deer!" Jungkook fights back.
"Oh..sorry" the taller sighs and hides it in his back again. "I'm terrible at drawing.." Jimin bit his lips. He had never seen Jungkook look so disappointed. He merely thought being rude was his only personality.
"It's not bad, it just needs a little...shaping" Jimin grabs the book and starts to draw.

Jungkook doesn't stop him as he was too sad.

"There" Jimin hands back the book with a smile. "it's good to go!"
"Woah.." Jungkook's eyes widen in surprise. The drawing was actually good. No. Too good. It looked so much like a deer than it was in the first place. Jungkook was so stunned that eventually when he snapped back, he smiled. "you're actually good!" He says. "When did you learn how to draw?" Jimin blushes. "I'm self taught...it's been 4 years now"

"Really?" Jimin nods. Jungkook was amazed and then look back at the drawing, then back to Jimin. "incredible...you're incredible" Jimin's heart skipped a beat. That was the first time Jungkook said something nice to him. It felt...good.

"Thank you" he shyly says. Jungkook laughs awkwardly, realizing he was being nice. But, it wasn't so bad.
"You should teach me. Actually. Just teach me"
"R-Really?"
"Don't make me repeat myself. You're teaching me and that's final" the taller stood up with a blank face.

"Goodbye"

He dissapeared instantly.

Meanwhile, Jimin giggled happily.

This is the best day ever! Oh I hope this will last forever!

It didn't.

Note:

Hello my loves, I have had this plot for a while but Im not really good at explaining so I hope you can understand and still enjoy it...

This is not the end.

And let me remind you,

This is angst.

WITH HAPPY ENDING. DONT FXCKING TELL ME YOU HATE IT, IT HURTS ME

It has been awhile (´∩。• ᵕ •。∩')  so let author-nim break your heart hehe.