96:Dyslexia

Not proofread

Author POV
"Hi.." Jimin looks up and starts to shake. He immediately stood up and ran away.
"Hey! Wait!" Jimin ran as fast as he could, he could feel the Jeon Jungkook running after him, which made him even more panicked,
Just as he thought he was safe, he gasped in shock when he felt a harsh tug on his bag, making him lose his balance and fell.
"Please! I'm sorry! I won't sit there anymore!" Jungkook shushed him.
"I'm not gonna hurt you" Jungkook raised his eyebrow.
"Your name?"

"U-Um..Jimin..Park Jimin" Jimin stuttered. Jungkook hums.
"Jeon Jungkook" Jimin already knew that.
"S-So what do you want from me?"
"Book"
"Huh?" Jungkook taps on Jimin's book and repeated the same thing.

"Oh..my book..wh-what's wrong with it?" Jimin asked. Jungkook said nothing as he grabbed Jimin's arm and pulled him to the bench that he sat earlier. He made Jimin sit first then, he sat beside him, closely.
"I want you to read that book to me" Jimin's jaw dropped.

WHAT?!

"Wh-Why?" Jungkook stares at him with a blank stare and simply said
"I have dyslexia"
"Oh..I'm sorry..I shouldn't ask" Jungkook shrugs.
"I don't care, but can you read that for me?" Jimin could have done that right now but he was curious of so many things about him.

Why?

Why would he want me to read this to him?

Why me?

"I know you're confused and all but I lose patience easily so if you don't want your face to be in the floor, you might as well start reading Park Jimin"
"Y-Yes! Sorry!"

"I will read for you"

Hearing Jimin's honey voice as he expressed the emotions in the book, made Jungkook act like an excited bunny as he leans forward at the book. He knows he can't read but the shapes of the letters in the book captivate him.
"U-Um Jungkook?" Jungkook hums as a responce.
"Youre leaning too close to the book...I can't read for you.." Jungkook looks at the letters one last time before he backs away.
"Sorry, continue" he says casually.

After an hour, Jungkook stopped Jimin.

"That's enough" Jungkook stood up and puts his hands inside his pant pocket.
"Thank you" Jimin nods. Before Jimin could stand up, Jungkook grabs his shoulder and lean forward.
"Will you be here tomorrow?" Jimin gulps. He shrugs.
"I'm..I'm not sure..why?" Jungkook removes his hand from the smaller's shoulder and said "Will you be at school tomorrow then?"
"Yeah"
"Okay, bye"

Jimin was left speechless.

*********************

"Found you" Jimin flinched when he felt his shoulder getting touched by a rough hand and his low the voice was.
Jungkook waits until Jimin looks at him and when he did, the taller grabbed Jimin's hand and dragged him somewhere.
"W-Wait! I haven't finish m-my food!" Jungkook stops his track and turns around, raising his eyebrow.
"You haven't eat?" Jimin shook his head.
"That was my breakfast-ahh!" Jimin couldn't finish his sentence when he was forced to use his legs for running now.

They both ended up at the vending machine.

Jungkook took out his wallet and gave 10 bucks to Jimin.
"Buy food for yourself and come meet me at the rooftop" Jungkook says.
"You only have 5 minutes" Jimin gulps nervously.

Save me now...

*********************

"You're early" Jimin smiles awkwardly, nodding.
"I just bought these so it's not that time consuming" Jungkook says nothing as he watches Jimin opened a packet of chips and chocolate milk.
"Are you..." Jimin smiles at him. "Hungry too?"
Jungkook shook his head.
"It's your food, eat it yourself" he says.

Silence took over them. The only thing that was loud right now, was Jimin eating the chips.

"Why'd you bring me here-"
"Read me this story book" Jungkook says as he shoved a book infront of Jimin's face.
Jimin almost choked if it weren't for him immediately drinking his milk.
"U-Um I'm sorry?" Jimin coughs.
"Read this book to me, I wanna hear it" Jungkook repeated.

Okay...this is getting weird...

"Look, I like to read and all but...why me?" Jimin says.
"There's lots of people who can read it for you, and I'm just a nobody, you don't even know me either, so...why me?"
Jimin bit his lip as he plays with his fingers.
"I'm not special..."

"No

You're wrong"

Jungkook place the book at Jimin's lap and says
"Your voice..it's special..it's like um..um.." Jungkook scratches his head as he tries to think of a metaphor but he doesn't really know anything and understand them.
"It's like, when you had a really long day and you come home to your favorite food and you enjoy it very much and you wish it will never go away because...it comforts you.."
Jungkook looks deeply into Jimin's eyes.

"Your voice comforts me"

Jimin swore that he felt something moving in his stomach for the first time.

NOTE:
This chapter have book now. Go check it out 😘