48.Hanahaki 🌹

Me and BTS_gotjams collaboration. I hope you'll enjoy..
Author POV
Jimin got out from the hospital as his legs could barely move. He couldn't believe what the doctor had said and he almost wanted to cry.

Flashback
"Park Jimin.." The doctor started. Jimin gulped as he smile nervously.
"Yes doc? Something wrong?" The doctor looked at Jimin with a pity look and he sigh as he adjusted his glasses.
"I'm sorry to say this but you have hanahaki disease" when Jimin heard he almost wanted to threw up. "Th..that's not true right? Doc that, I don't have-" "Park Jimin, has any of your family members know about this?"

Jimin shook his head. "No..I didn't think it would be true.." "All the test results came out positive and the reason you've been coughing up a lot is because of the petals that is now growing inside of you if you keep on ignoring this sickness"
Jimin look down at his feet while playing with his fingers. "I know that this sickness is because of unrequited love but..I just..I still have hope on that person.."

"The only way is through surgery or your crush likes you back, are you positive he will?" Jimin shrugged.
"Jimin, I know you are in love with this person but think about your family and friends, they will be devastated if you keep acting this way, don't you want them to be happy?" The doctor said. Jimin only stayed quiet. His mind was still processing with all the informations that the doctor gave. The doctor smile sadly as he pat Jimin's shoulder.
"Just think about it okay?"

Flashback ends.

Jimin wiped his tears away when the bus have arrived. "Jungkook will like me right? He will.." He thought. Although his heart says it's a no.

~~~~~~

Jimin tried his best to make Jungkook love him or even like him a little bit, but his plans always failed. He tried to make food for Jungkook but he threw it away. Bought him his favorite chocolate, Jungkook didn't took it. Jimin even tried to act sweet but Jungkook only ignored him. Time flew and it turned to a month.

Although Jimin knew his plans were failing, he was a bit happy that Jungkook toned down the mean bit. Jungkook only kept the harsh words but nonetheless, Jimin was happy about it. Even though his coughing got worsed.

One day, Jimin received a call from Hoseok(the person who knows about Jimin's sickness and also Taehyung) who asked to come to school right now. Jimin wasn't in the mood at first because he knows he'll get third wheel once Hoseok sees Yoongi and Jungkook was being mean to him so he started to throw up more but when he heard jungkook's name and he immediately threw on the first pants he saw in a pile of his dirty laundry.

"I thought you said Jungkook will be here?" Jimin asked. "He is but he's behind us" Hoseok said while still hugging a sleepy Yoongi. Jimin slowly turned around and saw a glimpse of his crush smiling cutely when he was talking with his friends. Oh god he's so cute..
Jimin started coughing and Hoseok got worried. "You okay?" Jimin wanted to nod but his cough got worsed and he ran towards the nearest bathroom.

He kept coughing into the toilet bowl until his throat started to hurt. He stopped and looked at the flowers. "Tiger flower..." Jimin chuckled sadly. "Why do I only get this but not him?" Just then, He heard the toilet door opened and he heard jungkook's voice. He didn't want to come out so he waited.

"Hey don't you believe that hanahaki is real?" His friend asked. Jimin heard Jungkook laugh. And it didn't sound good. "That piece of shxt? Tch, those things are a myth!" That hurt Jimin's heart but he still held on to hope and kept listening. "Jk, those things are real you know that? What if Jimin had that and you're the one that he likes hm?"