Part 2: Chapter 24

PAGE ONE

Panel 1: Scorpion,  Akira, Jade, Masashi and Satoshi are all inside the Shirai Ryu temple,  all sitting on chairs. 

Scorpion: So what exactly happened in your timeline Satoshi?

Satoshi: You and mom were both much older and you were getting ready to pass on the title of Grandmaster to me. You offered me the Scorpion name but I turned it down. I always felt you were the one and only Scorpion dad. 

Scorpion: Thank you Satoshi.

Satoshi: Of course.  In my timeline we were having a feast to honor your retirement and my coronation as the new Grandmaster.  I was set to lead the Shirai Ryu.  I remember I went to gather water.... and when I came back it was happening.  The Lin Kuei were killing the Shirai Ryu.  I was able to fight through and kill some of them. Eventually when I arrived at our place,  you and mom were frozen and stabbed with an ice blade...then I heard laughter and saw their leader, Sub-Zero.  I had encountered him before... we were both hired by Quan Chi to steal something from the Shaolin Temple...

Scorpion: A map of elements. I was also hired too. This was before I knew of Quan Chis true nature

Satoshi: Yes.  We fought. I tried my best but considering I was human and he had ice powers, in the end he was victorious. He killed me. My soul cried out for vengeance and then I found myself in the Netherrealm. I was face to face with Quan Chi. He told me he sensed my desire for vengeance and that he could grant me the necessary power to get my revenge,  under the condition that I serve him. Of course,  I agreed to do it. I was so eager to avenge you, mom,  the clan...

Scorpion: You were blinded by your desire for vengeance and refused to listen otherwise.

Satoshi: Yes.  I agreed to serve him and that's how I ended up receiving my Hellfire abilities. He told me there was a tournament known as Mortal Kombat,  and that Sub-Zero would be there.  I defeated Johnny Cage,  Kenshi,  and Lin Kuei members named Smoke and Cyrax before I finally encountered Sub-Zero. I used my newfound Hellfire and my rage to win the battle. I burnt him alive.  Reduced him to ashes.  Eventually I teamed up with Quan Chi to face Liu Kang and another Sub-Zero. He was the younger brother of the one I killed

Scorpion: Kuai Liang

Satoshi: Yeah. It was him.  Liu Kang was able to defeat Quan Chi while Sub-Zero and I were still fighting. I lost and as he was preparing to kill me,  I heard Quan Chi laughing. He called me weak and then he said I'll finally get to join my parents in the afterlife... then he told me it was all a lie. That he had killed the Shirai Ryu and manipulated me into fighting for him so we could win the tournament

Panel 2: Scorpion shakes with anger. Jade puts a hand on his arm and helps him relax a bit

Satoshi: I understand your anger too dad. That bastard knew what to do to manipulate us. Outworld ended up winning the tournament and they were able to merge it with Earthrealm
Shao Kahn was weakened from his battle with Liu Kang,  and as a result..
Shang Tsung was able to steal his soul .

Jade: So he turned on Shao Kahn

Panel 3: Masashi and Satoshi nod

Satoshi: Yes. Then I found out him and Quan Chi were working together. They wanted power for themselves.  Shang Tsung received a major power boost from stealing Shao Kahns soul, and then he stole the souls of all the Earthrealm warriors and even some Outworld warriors who were loyal to Shao Kahn.  I tried to stop them but I was powerless. Then instead of killing me, they offered me time to consider joining them. As I healed from my injuries, the two of them used a spell to go around to different timelines. Shang Tsung used his power to steal the souls of warriors from different timelines,  while Quan Chi used various magic spells to keep increasing his power.  They kept getting stronger, I heard from Shang Tsung that he was even taking the souls of different versions of himself in order to gain more power.  They just kept getting stronger.  I tried my best to get stronger,  but it was hard to do when I didn't have any strong training partners.  I found Masashi,  his parents had their souls stolen by Shang Tsung.  He was on the run from them and I took him in.