Part 2: Chapter 44

PAGE ONE

Panel 1: The fighters all charge towards each other, resulting in a clash that sends a massive shockwave throughout the area.  They fight at a speed massively faster than light.  Everyone else struggles to see what's going on, however Raiden and Fujin are able to keep up with the battle.  Fire,  ice and magic blasts go off throughout the entire area.  Sub-Zero charges ice into his hand and slams it into the ground,  ice spikes shooting out from the ground and aimed towards the sorcerers.  They're able to narrowly dodge. Scorpion hurls blue fireballs at them. They both get caught by a massive one and fall back. Sub-Zero summons ice from under the sorcerers again who are able to teleport away in time and reappear behind the ninjas. They go for an attack but ice spikes emerge from Sub-Zeros back. The sorcerers get impaled in the shoulders and stomach,  blood dripping down the ice spikes. Kayla looks shocked.  Scorpion summons blue Hellfire,  burning the two alive.   Scorpion takes out his katana and Sub-Zero forms an ice blade.   They go to slash but Quan Chi chants and gets them both away in time. We see the two of them panting and breathing heavily.  Shang Tsung has some slight wrinkles on his forehead and seems as if he's aging.  Kayla grits her teeth. 

Kayla: (mentally) Damn it! The spell is starting to take its toll!

Quan Chi: I can't say I'm surprised...that training with the gods has allowed you two to reach such incredible levels.  I do wonder... if there was any mental training involved.  Surely reaching the realm of the gods takes more than just physical prowess.

Scorpion: Hmph. You'd actually be right about that.

Caption: A few weeks ago.  Raidens temple.

Panel 2:  Raiden standing with Scorpion and Sub-Zero.  It's clear that the ninjas have been training, due to their dirtied clothing and the fact that they're breathing heavily.  Fujin also stands with Raiden. 

Raiden: It's time we take a break and have a discussion about the new level of power you have both achieved.

Fujin: You two are the first mortals to reach such a level.  Truly an incredible feat. Your power now transcends into the realm of the gods. It is equal to the lowest level gods, and even they are capable of wiping out small universes. 

Raiden: However, reaching such a level of power did not just come as a result of your physical training. There is also the mental aspect of it. 

Scorpion: In what ways?

Fujin: Starting with you Scorpion.  You held a lot of guilt due to your past actions under Quan Chi, and you did not like using the powers he bestowed upon you. You were ashamed every time time you had to rely on them. 

Scorpion: Yes, that is correct...

Fujin: Then, after some self reflection, and meeting the right woman, you learned to let go of that past guilt and use the power for good. 

Raiden: That was a wise decision. The truth is, the guilt was holding you back. By harboring it, you prevented yourself from unlocking your full potential. However,  by letting go of that guilt and realizing that the power can be used for a good cause, you were able to truly blossom, and as a result your Hellfire was able to flourish and you were able to bring it to an entirely new level.   Thus, you were able to atone for your past mistakes by using powers granted from an evil source in order to defend Earthrealm, and by channeling your rage, you make that power even stronger. 

Scorpion: So what you're saying is to draw upon the rage I once felt and use it as a driving source?

Raiden: Indeed, which is what you have been doing this entire time. I understand that your rage once consumed you and led to you doing things you aren't proud of,  however,  you are now using it for a good reason. Defending not only your family and clan but your entire realm.