Part 2: Chapter 8

PAGE ONE

Panel 1:  Sub-Zero is the first to strike, landing an ice slide on Kitana and launching her into the air. He follows up with a kick that sends her crashing to the floor. She's able to quickly get back up and toss her fans, one of them cutting into his shoulder.  She runs toward him, but he dodges and summons an ice sword. She sidesteps but gets her leg cut slightly by the blade. Sub-Zero pushes her back with a left teep and follows through with a right kick to her body. Kitana rolls under a left hook and comes back with a cross, followed by a left hook and a right knee to the body. 

Panel 2: Kitana uses her fans to lift Sub-Zero in the air. She continues to land blows on Sub-Zero, knocking him to the ground. She sits on his chest and prepares to slit his throat, but Sub-Zero turns into ice and reappears behind her. She turns around and gets caught with a spinning back kick.  Kitana stumbles but regains herself and rushes forward. Sub-Zero leaps back, and Kitana gets caught in an ice clone. Sub-Zero lands a left hook, followed by a right uppercut and right knee.  He ends it off with a left kick to her head. 

Panel 3: Kitana shakes her head and throws a jab, followed by a hard leg kick. She slashes with her fans, but gets countered by Sub-Zero's sword.  He lands a knee to her body and follows up with an elbow to her jaw, knocking her down to the ground. Kitana gets on her knees and lowers her head

Kitana: Kill me

Sub-Zero: What?

Kitana: I have disgraced Shao Kahn... my father does not take lightly to failure

Panel 4: Sub-Zero's blues eyes widen in shock

Sub-Zero: Shao Kahn?! I've only heard rumors of him and his ruthlessness.... and you're his daughter...

Kitana: Yes. Either way I'll die for my failure. So kill me and get it over with!

Panel 5: Sub-Zero kneels down.

Sub-Zero: Look at me

Panel 6: She lifts her head to meet his gaze

Kitana: You're a Lin Kuei. You're supposed to kill without mercy and hesitation

Sub-Zero: I am not here to kill you.  You aren't my target. I'm simply here to find the one responsible for my brother's death. This encounter never happened. You haven't disgraced anyone. However, don't exploit my kindness. I am only sparing you because I am not here for you. Now, either you tell me what happened to my brother, or you stay out of my way and don't speak a single word about this encounter. 

Panel 7: Kitana stays silent. Sub-Zero turns his back and walks off. He takes a few steps, then stops and turns his head to face her

Sub-Zero: You're a strong and capable warrior. It's a shame we're on opposing sides.  Before I go, I must ask your name

Kitana: Princess Kitana...

Sub-Zero: I bid you farewell Princess Kitana. I do not wish to kill you, so remember what I said. 

Panel 8: Sub-Zero walks off. Kitana looks at him as he walks, her eyes having a questioning look in them. 

PAGE TWO

Caption: The Soul Chamber

Panel 1: Sub-Zero walks around in the Soul Chamber from MK9. He scans the unfamiliar area, taken aback a bit by the strange, interesting surroundings he finds himself in. 

Panel 2: Sub-Zero continues to walk, when he stops in his tracks

Sub-Zero: Footsteps...

Panel 3: Sub-Zero turns around, and his eyes widen in horror at what he sees