Chapter 16

PAGE ONE

Panel 1: Liu Kang and Kung Lao go to punch Sub-Zero from opposite sides. Sub-Zero raises his arms, and the punches are blocked by his forearms.  The Shaolin Monks engage Sub-Zero at the same time, the Lin Kuei warrior easily holding off both of them.   Liu Kang's strikes are blocked by Sub-Zero, before he sends him crashing into the wall with a cross and right roundhouse kick to the head. Kung Lao appears behind Sub-Zero and attempts to attack him from behind, but Sub-Zero merely raises his fist without even looking back, catching Kung Lao with the back of his hand and sending him crashing into a wall as well.

Panel 2: Liu Kang comes at Sub-Zero with a flying kick. The moment he touches Sub-Zero, he's frozen, having been caught by Sub-Zero's ice clone. Kung Lao goes for a dive kick, but Sub-Zero grabs him by the ankle and swings him like a baseball bat towards Liu Kang, who's frozen in midair.  The ice shatters and they both fall to the ground. The Shaolin warriors get up and Sub-Zero begins to shoot ice shards at them.  They're able to roll out of the way, but Sub-Zero is on them. The three of them begin to engage in a furious struggle.   Sub-Zero summons ice spikes from the ground. Liu Kang and Kung Lao dodge narrowly. 

Smoke: He's on an entirely different level. 

Fujin:  Sub-Zero's best offense is his defense.  What makes him so dangerous is that he is able to counterattack at a high level.  The training helped him to further unlock those skills.  When he fights, he is always able to find a way to counter, and then he punishes his opponent. 

Smoke: I underestimated him then.

Kitana: The way he does it is so flawless too.  He maintains his calm nature while even in intense battle.

Panel 3:  Sub-Zero slashes at the Shaolin monks with his ice sword. They dodge it, nearly being cut by the blindingly fast slashes.  Kung Lao ducks under a slash and tries to cut Sub-Zero in the stomach, but gets caught by a right knee to the face.  Sub-Zero blasts Liu Kang with an ice blast.  Kung Lao teleports behind Sub-Zero. Sub-Zero goes to strike him, but he teleports again and catches Sub-Zero in a full Nelson submission hold. Not wasting any time, Liu Kang begins to strike Sub-Zero in the body, landing chain punches and kicks.  Kung Lao jumps out of the way as Liu Kang lands a flaming Flying Kick, sending Sub-Zero crashing through a wall. Sub-Zero gets up from the rubble, unfazed. He dusts his outfit off. 

Sub-Zero: Impressive. I would expect nothing less from you two. But it still isn't enough to stop me. 

Liu Kang: You merely got lucky. You won't be able to keep up with both of us for too long. 

Sub-Zero:  Come. I shall prove you wrong

Panel 4: The three of them rush each other. The Shaolin monks and Sub-Zero block each other's strikes.  Kung Lao goes for a cross, but Sub-Zero counters with a switch kick, breaking Kung Lao's ribs.  He parries a cross from Liu Kang and pops him with a jab, followed by a right uppercut and a right knee.  Sub-Zero goes for a kick on Kung Lao, but he blocks it. Liu Kang comes out of nowhere and lands his bicycle kick on Sub-Zero, crushing his ribs. Liu Kang rushes towards Sub-Zero, but he gets caught with a teep, also having his ribs crushed.  Kung Lao lands a dive kick on Sub-Zero, following up with several punches to his head, followed by an elbow to the jaw.  Kung Lao leaps back. As Sub-Zero gets up, Liu Kang grabs his right arm and Kung Lao begins to pummel him with strikes.   The two Shaolin monks lay heavy strikes on Sub-Zero, overwhelming him with their combined attacks. 

Panel 5: Sub-Zero closes his eyes. His body temperature begins to lower. Liu Kang feels it and jumps back to avoid freezing.  Sub-Zero's skin changes to a pale blue. He opens his eyes, and they are now changed from blue pupils to being completely blue. A blistering cold can be felt all throughout the area.  The ground where Sub-Zero is standing begins to freeze. Sub-Zero walks towards the Shaolin monks, slowly and with purpose. Kung Lao punches him in the face, and immediately screams in pain. His hand can be seen breaking.