50

Paige's POV

I closed the door after getting inside Hailey's bedroom. "She's sleeping already?" I nodded taking my shoes off. "How do you even do it?" I giggled.

"Baby you forget that I have magic hands." She laughed closing her diary. "You know I still find it weird that you have a diary and you record your day's events every single day."

"What's wrong with having a diary?" I shrugged taking my clothes off.

"I just think it's for high school kids." I laughed.

"You are unbelievable." She opened it again and wrote something before closing it and locking it.

I went to the closet and took an oversized t-shirt and threw it on. I let my hair loose before going back to bed and Hailey was on her phone.

"I hope I didn't disturb you from your writing." She shook her head.

"I was almost done when you walked in." I kissed the corner of her mouth to disturb her. More like gain her attention.

"But what if it could get lost?" I asked.

"I'm not worried since I'm the only one who can understand what I write there everyday." I frowned.

"How?" She looked at me.

"Okay, first of all I don't use English and I only jot down a few words. That could have been a paragraph. And well sometimes I sketch." I knew she was an excellent artist. I had seen her drawings and paintings a few times but only her family knew about her talent.

"That's actually smart." I said nodding.

"Thank you." She smiled and turned back to her phone.

"Can you please put your phone away?" I asked pouting.

"Sorry." She immediately did that and looked into my eyes. I felt like she was looking right through my soul and she could see what I was hiding. "What's wrong?"

"What do mean? Nothing is wrong." I cleared my throat and turned to lay on my back so I could avoid her eyes.

"You're avoiding eye contact." She said shifting my face to look at hers. "Talk to me."

"What if I say something that'll upset you?" She smiled.

"I promise I won't get upset with you." She kissed my lips.

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"Yes baby I am sure." I took a deep breath and got up to sit straight. She did the same.

"Okay well I got a call a few days ago. It's suppose to be a happy call but I don't know how to feel about it." She looked confused.

"Why? Who called you?" I looked at her.

"It was a job offer from Beta Hotel." Her eyes widened. "I applied months ago for an assistant manager vacancy a long time ago but they turned me down. That's until they called on Tuesday asking if I'm interested in being their hotel manager. Apparently the one they had was fired for sleeping with the waitresses." She gasped.

"What?!" I nodded.

"I wasn't surprised though. I mean that's what happens in the cities. One old hag once asked to sleep with me in return he'd hire me whilst I was still job hunting." I explained.

"Oh you've got to be kidding me. An old man?" I nodded cringing.

"Tell me about it." She took a deep breath.

"So you're leaving me?" She asked looking away.

"I haven't decided yet baby." She immediately looked at me.

"Why not? Today is Friday and you said they called you on Tuesday." I nodded.

"I have until Sunday to decide." I sighed.

"Oh." She sighed and then looked at me taking my hand. "Is that why you were worried? You thought I would say you shouldn't take the job?" I nodded.

"In fact I thought you'd be angry I'm even considering taking the job." She giggled lightly.

"You shouldn't even be considering taking the job instead you should just take it." I looked at her surprised.

"What?!"

"Paige what kind of person will I be if I tell you not to take the job? That would be so selfish of me. And besides being a PA forever is not your dream. I know that." I giggled not believing what she was saying.

"Am I dreaming?" She chuckled shaking her head.

"You are so silly." I attacked her with hug after she said that.

"I love you so much." I said and she held me tigher.

"I love you too Paige." We pulled apart and shared a kiss.

"I forgot to tell you I'll be getting a new apartment as well. Penthouse actually." She smiled.

"I can't wait to see it." She squeled. "I will make sure an interior designer furnishes it before you move in."

"Hailey you don't have to. I appreciate it but I don't want you to spend too much already. It's my time to spoil you now." She giggled.

"Baby relax. It's not even going to be that expensive if that's what you're worried about." I gave her a wary look.

"Have you forgotten I work for you? The team that came to redo your office charged you too much and I know you'll call them again since you loved their style." She rolled her eyes.

"Paige when will you accept that I am a billionaire? A few hundred thousands and you think I'm spending too much?" She laughed making me roll my eyes. "Okay hold on."

She got off the bed and went to the closet. I stayed in bed wondering what she was getting. After a minute she came back with a small black box. She sat down before opening the box revealing two diamond earrings. They shone so bright I was so captivated.

"These cost me 2.5 million dollars." I was so shocked my eyes almost popped out.

"What?! 2.5?" She nodded.

"I bought them in Korea." She closed the box. "I only wear them in red carpet events or on very very important occasions." I nodded in understanding.

"I can't imagine myself spending so much on just earrings. I'd rather buy a house." She giggled again.

"Well this house is also another expensive thing I own. It's around 14 million dollars but I didn't buy it. My late husband left it for me." She went back to the closet leaving me speechless. She came back again and got under the sheets.

"I don't even want to ask how much your cars were." She burst out laughing.

"Well if it makes you feel better I do have some which were worth less than a million." She smiled snuggling in my arms. I smiled admiring the woman in my arms who had turned to an angel.

"Thank you." I kissed her forehead.

"For what?"

"For letting me take the job and offering to furnish my place." I said.

"Paige you have been nothing but the best to me. I am a happy mother today because you came into my life. I am finally in love again and very happy because of you. You have no idea how much I appreciate just that and I even feel like you deserve more than what I'm giving you." I found myself blushing after her speech.

"And here I was thinking you're the one who deserves more." She chuckled.

"You just think so little of yourself babe. But don't worry I find it cute." I laughed shaking my head.

________________________