White roses

Okay bring tissues cause this one's sad. Based from the song white roses which is about loss.

The sun shines through the white, linen curtains. The golden rays dancing across the room. My eyes flutter open but slowly due to the harsh light. My hand softly trails down Harry's spine, making him stir slightly in his peaceful sleep.

This would be the happiest moment of my life, waking up to my boyfriend beside me, but I can't bring myself to smile. I can't grasp to the idea of happy endings. Especially when I lost so many people in my life.

I had been too much in my thoughts to even realise Harry softly nuzzling his face in the crevice of my neck, leaving gentle kisses.

'How are you feeling love?' He asks.

His hand reaches to mine, kissing each knuckle with care. I sigh, letting out shaky breaths as my eyes start to tear up. It had been less than a month since I lost my Dad, finding it difficult to digest that he's really gone.

'I'll manage' I choke out.

Harry places small, gentle kisses down my stomach, eyes softly caressing mine.

'S'alright love' he mumbles in between kisses.

Gripping onto his hair, the only good thing I have left, I let tears fall. One by one. Harry trails back up, caressing my cheeks with his hands as he wipes them away.

'S'okay baby. S'alright love' he whispers.

I've never seen anyone so considerate. So gentle and loving. It makes me cry harder.

'H-he's gone' my lips quiver.

He scoops me up into his arms, placing small shapes on my back as his lips press firmly to my forehead.

'I know baby' he mumbles through the kiss.

His other hand plays with my curls, my tears becoming small sobs and I hiccup here and there. My glossy, desperate eyes look up at him. His softly looks down at me.

The garden in my head would be full of life. Flowers blooming. Butterflies fluttering in the summer sky. It's dark and stormy. Grey clouds blocking the sun. All the white roses, the tulips, the daisies and more, lifeless. Just like my heart.

Harry knew how it felt, knowing from experience when he lost his step father. He knew the heart ache and pain. The godly hours of tears, laughter. He to often finds little moments where his mind will picture him. The laughter and fun they shared together.

'Baby, flower, I know your mind feels foggy right now, but there will be a rainbow above you. One day the sun will appear and you'll slowly feel happy again, but it takes time and patience' he whispers.

He knew exactly how I was feeling. Knew the right words to say. I lean in slowly, kissing his lips.

'Take everyday step by step' he comforts.

It took long nights crying, many frustrated sighs, I can't do this anymore to find my inner peace, accepting that he is in a better place now. Life will be different without him but his legacy will always remain in our hearts.