I mi-miss you part 5

'Fuck, it's n-negative' you stutter through fresh tears.

'Come here baby' he whispers, holding you in his arms.

It's been emotionally draining for the both of you. But it's taken a toll on you the most. Trying and trying for a baby and leading to endless pregnancy tests showing one line.

'S'okay love' Harry whispers.

Although he is uncertain. You can tell by his shaky voice. Tears are falling down his cheeks.

'I love you so so much' he mumbles in between kisses.

He's worried, frightened that you'll become depressed again. Usually you are when things fall apart. When you lose loved ones. The first time he saw it happen was the day after your mother's funeral. You didn't come out of the bedroom. Cried all day and night. You didn't eat much. Harry held you in his arms. You had been shutting yourself out for months. Then you went to the doctors. He told you to take anti depressant meds.

'Do you think it's a sign?' You sigh, leaning your head on his shoulder.

You play with the rings on his fingers. Tears falling uncontrollably. His heart sinks. It's breaking, aching as he hears your trembling voice.

'Maybe it's not the right time' he chokes out at the end.

He knew the possibilities. But even so he would find a way. IVF treatment,
Adoption. He loves you so much that all he wants is for you to be happy.

•••

You awake one morning, throwing up in the toilet. Harry rubs your back while moving hair out of your face. His lips presses light kisses to your hair.

'I'll go get some pregnancy tests' he gently picks you up, laying you back onto the bed.

A light kiss is pressed to your cheek before he gets himself ready.

'I love you' he smiles.

'I love you too' you whisper.

You sit quietly on the edge of the bed. Nervous about this. Of course you wanted children with him and no better time than now. But a part of you fears that you'll mess this up. You've heard the stories. Read the articles. Done your research. Your eyes begin to brim with tears that you don't hear the door open and shut. Harry walks upstairs. His heart sinks right down to his chest.

'Love what's the matter?' He asks, kneeling in front of you.

He squeezes your hand lightly, bringing them to his lips. You avoid his gaze entirely.

'Please Y/N, you're scaring me' he begins to shed tears.

You finally look back at him.

'What if I'm not cut out to be a mother' you say.

Harry narrows his eyebrows, looking at you confused.

'Why would you say that?' He asks.

'I've heard the stories, H. How depression may affect me as mother. I don't want to mess this up' you admit.

He places a kiss to your forehead, massaging your hands to calm your worries.

'Trust me baby, you'll be perfectly fine' he assures you.

'But if you feel your not in a good mental state right now to have a baby there are other options' he whispers.

You shake your head at the idea of an abortion. But your heart swoons. He's so caring when it comes to your body and your choices. You take the pregnancy tests in your hand, heading into the bathroom. Harry waits outside, resting on the bed with his eyes closed. A smile appearing on his lips as he imagines the special moment. Eyes tired with tears as you gently caress him or her to your chest.

'I have a good feeling about this' you whisper, walking back out of the bathroom.

'Me too' he smiles.