He feels like a failure to Ana

Sometimes it's nice to see story's where Harry feels slightly vulnerable. Thought this was cuts af.

While you are making dinner the home phone begins to ring. Ana is first to skip along the hallway, grabbing the phone in her hands.

'Hello.. Daddy!' She squeals.

You cross your arms as you lean against the doorframe.

'Uh.. huh' she nods her head.

You can see the glow in her eyes, smiling widely as she speak to her father on the phone.

'We went to the zoo today and I saw the monkeys. They were really silly' she giggles.

You can't help but swoon at the sight of her talking about her day to him.

'and the lions were scary' she gasps, shaking her head slightly.

You run your hand through her curls, watching her excitedly talk to him. She looks up at you smiling widely before talking back on the phone.

'Uh, oh. S'okay daddy' she scrunches her brows together.

You too furrow your eyes with concern.

'Yeah, mummy's here' she immediately hands you the phone.

Her curls bounces as she skips along to the kitchen table.

'Hi' you whisper through the phone.

He sighs, running his hand through his hair.

'I'm caught up in the studio. I'll try to be home before Ana's bedtime. I promise' his voice chokes slightly.

Your heart sinks, tears falling as you hear his shaky voice on the other end of the line.

'I'm a failur-' you cut him off. 'Don't you say that'.

It's quiet for a moment before you speak up.

'Harry, baby. She's so lucky to have you as a father. I know she is. So don't beat yourself up about it' you comfort him.

He's still taking in shaky breaths. Lips quivering as tears begin to fall.

'I fucked up. I really did this time. I barely get to kiss her Goodnight because this fucking album isn't finished yet. You're probably mad at me because I come home at two in the morning. She probably hates me because I barely see her' he rambles.

Hearing him doubt himself makes you tear up once again.

'Harry, love. Take a breath. You're doing okay. Yes, she misses you when you're at the studio but she loves you so much and I do too' you assure him.

You can feel him smile through the phone, picturing his dimples showing on his cheeks.

'I'll be waiting for you when you get home so we can cuddle. How does that sound?' You ask him.

He hums, running his hand through his curls once more.

'I love you' he smiles.

'I love you too' you whisper.

——————————————————

It's about 1:47 in the morning when Harry finally arrives home. His hair disheveled. Eyes tired.

'Hi' you smile, poking your head through the doorframe. He pulls his shoes and jacket off, burying his face into the crook of your neck.

'Tired baby?' You softly ask him.

He nods his head. Eyes stinging with fresh tears. You hold him tightly, whispering soothing words. For a while you stay like that, holding him in your warm embrace. Soon his eyes grow heavy and you both make your way upstairs. He opens Ana's door, quietly walking in. His hand runs through her curls.

'M'sorry for missing bedtime petal' he whispers, making sure not to wake her.

She happily rests with her stuffed elephant in her arms, dreaming away. Once finally at your shared bedroom, he gets himself ready for bed, cocooning himself under the covers. This time he's the little spoon, nuzzling his face into your chest. You stroke his curls, holding him close.

'You're okay' you repeatedly tell him.

Soft tears are heard. It's all that echoes through the room. You continue to caress his curls until he finally falls asleep. Your eyes begin to feel heavy, closing until your in a peaceful slumber. Your hands still holding him securely. Midnight swallowed his doubts away, letting them float in the sky among the clouds. The moon radiating happiness. With you by his side, that's all he ever needs.