miserable

Warning: mention of suicide

he's whispering softly 's'alright, gonna help you get better' while holding you against his chest. tears stinging, shaking violently, heavy breaths as you tangle yourself against him. hopeless.

he had seen the signs. tired, nervous.. scared. he had seen you a sobbing mess, frustrated. attempting suicide.

he hears faint tears or.. wailing. his angel in her crib fisting her hands as she lets out cries. he begins to comfort her, cooing to keep her calm but that doesn't work. so distraught, he tries to find you and when he does.. his face turns pale, lips dry and tears stinging his eyes. you lay in the bathtub, holding your breath. your body shaking violently as your breathing becomes laboured.

'fuck.. love' he curses.

placing his angel on the bathroom mat he quickly pulls you out, holding you against his chest as you gasp for air. you try to pry away, telling him 'let me go. you don't need me'. his heart stings, gripping around you tighter as he whispers sweet nothing in your ears.

and so he begins to help you, holding your hand as you listen to the doctor. 'take medication.. therapy. etc'. it's a blur really, your mind spiralling into bad thoughts. 'i'm a terrible mother' 'she doesn't deserve me' 'better off gone'

he notices, squeezing your hand. then whispers 'you're our world, baby. nothing can change that'.

you begin to cry when he softly holds you against his chest under the shower. his hand stroking your hair while peppering kisses.

it's all you do lately. holding onto him as he whispers sweet nothings and encouragements. he's been your life line, helping you through this.

and suddenly you're here, pressing raspberry kisses to her belly as she giggles. it's a sight that has his heart bursting.. and when you look up, your eyes crossing paths with his, you genuinely smile.

he's seeing changes in your mood, happier, vibrant. your breastfeeding her, bath times, reading her stories. your holding her close that you never want to let her go.

and it's those three words. not the 'i love yous'. he's been telling you that constantly. but your heart bursts, smiling widely when he whisper softly.

'proud of you'..