Mother's nature

Harry holds her close to his chest for the first time, feeling her soft skin. He's staring down at her with heart eyes, cooing and whispering words. He never thought in a million years he would be here, holding his little girl. It's a feeling he can't quite describe.

Her cheeks are rosy from her first tears. Her skin feels warm and soft. She babbles here and there and to him that is the most cutest thing.

'Hi' he smiles, brushing the pad of his thumb over her cheek.

His eyes gazes at her blue eyes before looking back up at you. Your hair is a mess. You're sweaty. Your eyes are puffy from exhaustion. But to him you are the definition of perfection. Especially now that his little girl is here, securely held in his arms.

He's going to thank mother's nature everyday for bringing happiness to his world. For giving him the most precious gift. His angel.

'I'm so proud of you' he whispers, pressing a drawn-out kiss to your hair.

You smile weakly, looking back up at him. Then to your angel. She's so small, delicate and perfect.

'Hey precious' you coo, running your finger up down her cheek.

She scrunches her tiny nose, letting out soft babbles. Her eyes looking at yours, curiously.

'Hi baby' you coo again.

Harry lets you hold her in your arms again and his heart melts. Your tender eyes looking sweetly at her as you whisper gently to her. He was so in love with your pregnant belly, talking every day and night to her. Wrapping his arms around to feel your bump. He would whisper compliments to remind you how beautiful your body was. But he loves the sight of you holding her right now. More so than ever.

'Mummy and Daddy are going to take good care of you' you whisper softly.

•••

He notices you staring at the mirror, pulling at your belly. His heart sinks.

'Babe' he whispers, wrapping his arms around your waist.

He gently brushes shapes into your stomach, making you breath heavy. Eyes stinging with fresh tears.

'Watching your body grow, change, is the most beautiful thing. You should embrace it' he whispers.

You give him a weak smile, placing your hands over his.

'I'm trying' you sigh.

He places soft kisses to your shoulder, staring at you through the mirror. He knows how insecure you get. Thought your baby bump made you look horrible when you were pregnant at the time. But to him you were just perfect. Still are.

'S'alright love' he whispers softly.

You stay in this position for a few minutes. Him whispering encouraging words.

'God you're gorgeous. Fucking beautiful' he compliments and he means every word of it.

He turns you to face him, bending down on his knees. His lips softly presses to your belly, mumbling a few encouraging words in between kisses.

'So, so beautiful' he whispers through the kiss.

You shake your head in disbelief but smile anyways.

'I mean it baby. Your fucking hot and those stretch marks, I could stare at them all day' he continues to compliment.

Tears fall as he kisses over the white lines with care. If he has to show you a millions times more he will. Just to see you happy again.

'Fucking beautiful darling' he mumbles.

Piercing cries can be heard from across the room and you both look at each other before gazing in that direction.

'I'll go' you manage through tears.

'No baby, I'll go' he pulls you in for a quick hug.

You follow, watching him spoon her up in his arms. He sings softly to her, calming her tears.

'S'okay angel' he whispers.

He sits her on the rocking chair, gazing softly at her.

'Mama looks pretty today' he continues.

She lets out little squeals, fisting her hands together. He softly brushes his fingers over her cheek, calming her down.

'But she always looks pretty' he coos.

Tears are falling down your cheeks and you wipe them away with your hand.  You're still not totally convinced but you smile. He's so gentle with her, whispering softly, holding her close to his chest.

'and I'm gonna remind her that every day' he smiles.