Heartbreak Hotel - Austin Butler (NSFW)

A/N : Maybe it's because of Elvis but I really picture him as this polite and smart man - so manners will definitely be a thing in this. This is by no means meant to offend the real man, this is all out of admiration. Inspired by drinkfromthesink

The first time you saw him was early in the morning. Your manager, Rebecca, had just started you on these earlier shifts and you were hating just about every second of it. The sun had barely risen outside, why should you be awake before the sun? No matter, they needed someone to be at the front desk as the few people trickled in and out.

You had a book on the counter to entertain yourself, 'Hamnet'. The story of Shakespeare's family rather than him, you were enjoying it but when you got too tired the words blurred together. You were so in this world you hadn't even heard the doors open or the taps of expensive leather shoes on the floor.

"Hello?" A hand dinged the bell and brought you out from your book.

"Oh I'm so sorry -" the words caught in your throat. The man who had stopped you was stunning. Light, tousled hair with a honey complexion and beautiful blue eyes. The eyes were what caught you first. They were this striking, rich blue. He was looking at you so intently, as though you were the only person in the room - the only person he wanted to talk to. You wanted to gawk at him but was able to quickly recover, "I'm so sorry, sir. What can I do for you?"

He gave you a kind smile. His teeth were white and straight, and his smile was just slightly crooked. It was perfect. "No worries, ma'am. I have a reservation for the next few weeks. It should be under Butler."

You nodded and typed it into the computer. A reservation for the next three months flashed under Butler, Austin for room 225. You relayed as much to him, retrieving the key from the wall.

"Here you are, Mr. Butler." You slid the key on the counter. His fingers touched yours as he grabbed them. You brought your hand back to your side, rubbing your fingers against your palm.

Austin nodded his thanks and made to move away, when you saw his blue eyes dart down to counter and look at your book.

"You read?"

"Avidly."

"I love reading. That's a good one." And with that small comment, Austin went to the elevators and left you alone.

You brought your hand to your face, feeling the power of his gaze still on you even though he was gone.

———

Your next encounter wasn't until a few days later when your shift was coming to a close. You didn't have class for another few days, and you wanted to let yourself relax before starting up the school and work cycle all over again. Only five more minutes and then you'd have that sweet, sweet freedom to binge watch the entirety of Community while eating strawberries - the dream.

The ding of the elevator alerted someone's presence and you glanced up to see who it was. It was Austin Butler, and he was headed straight to you. Today, he was dressed in a casual white tee shirt and black jeans. He had a book in his hands. You tried to avoid staring at the way his tanned arms filled out the sleeves of his shirt, or the way his throat hollowed sexily when he had both arms on the counter and leaned on it. He was tall, and this position put him more at your level.

You swallow, his looks was not the basis of his personality. You internally chastised yourself for so blatantly thirsting. "Hello, Mr. Butler."

"Hello ma'am, feel free to call me Austin."

You felt a blush creep up your neck at his words, and he must have spotted it too.

"Don't worry," he said. "I don't bite."